Home Open Account Help 256 users online

Passenger Trains > ...

Date: 02/08/04 19:12
Author: tomk

Date: 02/08/04 21:23
Re: San Jose, CA -- Diridon Station scenes
Author: PasadenaSub

Thanks for sharing the shot of the UP freight through Diridon Station. I was actually considering making a photo request on Trainorders for a picture of a freight train through Diridon. In my visits to the station, I've only ever seen Amtrak and CalTrain trains.

Rich

Date: 02/09/04 16:19
Author: Gibby

I have no idea where this station is in California, but it truly makes it feel real warm compared to this weather in the East. Thanks for those shots!

Date: 02/10/04 06:30
Author: av

This station is in downtown San Jose, used to be called Cahill Street Station. It was the main SP Station (most called it the "SP Depot" and it is a beautiful building, nicely restored and it will soon have a light rail subway stop. There is a small shop and snackbar and a beautiful historical mural on the wall, along with a BIG flag. It is really unique in that it has trains from Amtrak, Amtrak California, Altamont Commuter Express, and Caltrain--nearly 100 per day (and soon VTA light rail). Can any other stations, anywhere in US, can boast trains from five different operations? Obviously I am attached to the place. As a kid my best friend and I would watch SP commute trains come and go, also the Lark, Del Monte, and best of all the Coast Daylight and several mail trains. Give the place a visit sometime; nice train watching and real close to downtown SJ (art museum, SJ State U, Tech Museum, heritage street cars, Fallon House, Peralta Adobe, Guadalupe River Park, Children's Museum, lots of good places to eat, etc).

Date: 02/10/04 10:40
Author: stone23

The nearest might be Oceanside,CA with Amtrak, Coaster, Metrolink, The new Sprinter (Huh?) and BNSF Freight. I know that is one less than San Jose because they have UP freight.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0243 seconds