Home Open Account Help 289 users online

Passenger Trains > Sleeper Reservations on Crescent blocked until 3/4

Date: 02/12/04 10:36
Sleeper Reservations on Crescent blocked until 3/4
Author: BarryATL

I read here that the Crescent is running with only one sleeper. Reservations is blocking any sleeper reservations through 3/3. Beginning 3/4 it is wide open. Have they dropped the sleeper all together because of the equipment shortage or is this an over reaction by the reservations department?

Date: 02/12/04 12:52
Re: Sleeper Reservations on Crescent blocked until 3/4
Author: GenePoon

It is a PROPER reaction by the Reaccommodations Desk.

Until reaccommodations can be done for those passengers displaced from the now-blanked second sleeper line, it would not be proper or fair to allow new bookings to take the remaining space in the lone remaining Sleeping Car. This is a NORMAL procedure when inventory needs to be reduced.

Date: 02/12/04 13:00
Author: joemvcnj

Since I have to do a roundtrip to Greenville business trip on the Crescent next week, I am affected. After they rally everyone they can into the remaining sleeper on a particular trip, can station agents book space when you walk up or is it blocked to them also ?

They are also pulling the lounge car next week. I wonder if they will sell cold snacks from a pair of seats in one of the coaches.

Date: 02/12/04 13:33

No lounge car next week? I am glad I chose to fly instead of taking the train. When I could not get a cabin, I moved over to the airlines. No sodas in the sleepers and no lounge car. That would not be a fun trip.

Date: 02/12/04 15:28
Author: mundo

I think you will find that only a "smoker" lounge will no longer be assigned, but filled in by other non smoker lounge cars.

As to reservations, I have known clerks who call space control to obtain space on a blocked train, but on the Crescent, that would be very iffy.

Date: 02/12/04 16:09

mundo, you are right. The info posted earlier this week said the Crescent would be come a non-smoking train as they replaced the smoker lounges.

Date: 02/12/04 21:50
Author: mundo

Barry, tell me the date you want to travel.

Will try to dig into space.

Date: 02/12/04 22:07

I wanted to travel this Sun, 2/15, but I have now got a plane ticket. I would rather have been on the train, but now I have already got my work plans arranged around this flight.

I will be taking the Crescent a lot more beginning in May. Currently, I own a business in Hattiesburg, MS and live in Atlanta. Sometimes when I do not need my car, I will take the train down and back. The times are perfect. I am going to open another business in Houma, LA and that is just a little too far to drive on a regular basis (9.5 hours non-stop). So, beginning this summer I will start doing a lot of plane/train combo trips... take the Crescent down to New Orleans and fly back to Atlanta.

You now, all these years taking the Crescent and I have never been south of Hattiesburg on the train. I have come into New Orleans on the Sunset, but never the Crescent. I look forward to crossing the lake this summer when it is still daylight.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0428 seconds