Home Open Account Help 235 users online

Passenger Trains > 761 hits trespasser near Oxnard?

Date: 05/15/04 14:27
761 hits trespasser near Oxnard?
Author: parts545

While driving back to Vegas this morning I thought I heard Dispatcher 50 talking to 761 about them hitting a trespasser west of Oxnard
Any one hear about it?

Date: 05/15/04 15:02
Re: 761 hits trespasser near Oxnard?
Author: Ditchlite

Something happened to it for sure...Left OXN OT and Julie doesnt show arrival into SBA.. HMMMMMMM

DL

Date: 05/16/04 00:39
Author: spfoamer

Train 761 struck and killed trespasser at MP401.5 shortly after departing OXN.After the ivestigation was concluded and mess cleaned up, 761 was annuled and returned to OXN to dischrge pas. which continued trip on 763. After releif engineer arrived from LA arrived by carryall, 761 equipment deadheaded back to LA to get the blood and guts cleaned off? tr 780 was bustituted from SBA-LAX. Caused delays to 763, 774,14. After 761 off loaded pax,made reverse movement north to enter siding to let 763 come in. then went on through siding headed for LA. 774 was in VEN siding till 763 cleared and was app.1hr30min late at OXN. Had to wait about 15min at south oxn for n/b freight MWCPD which was ahead of 14 to enter siding. He had a p/up here.I know the original engineer on 761, Carl Treplin. He has been ivolved in several other incidents involving grade crossing collisions and trespassers. He was working Metrolink and was engineer involved in that headon collision with BNSF freight down by Fullerton sometime back.He is ex-CN engineer.

Date: 05/16/04 18:49
Author: GP25

So is this why 784 had nearly Standing room only on it? Funny. I was on this Train this Morning. But i got off in Oxnard. Just before This happen. In a way. Its a good thing too. I know many of the People that was on this Train. Like me. Got off in Oxnard for the Strawberry Festival. But I kinda feel bad for for the People and crew on this Train. There was a lady and her kid with her. That was going to Spend a day in Santa Barbara And she wanted to come back ok the Starlight. But found out. It was late. When she was talking to an Amtrak Ticket Agent on her cell phone. oh well.

Date: 05/17/04 20:53
Author: parts545

Another pleasant Saturday ruined by a trespassing idiot!
Just like when a wreck happens on Blood Alley to/from Vegas and you’re trapped in traffic for hours!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0369 seconds