Home Open Account Help 233 users online

Passenger Trains > North Carolina selling passenger cars on EBay

Date: 06/17/04 15:19
North Carolina selling passenger cars on EBay
Author: GenePoon

State of North Carolina is selling surplus passenger equipment. It will be up for bid on EBay.

Details:

http://www.bytrain.org/equipment.html

Maybe I should post this on the model railroad board, too. 1:1 scale. But some people over there lack a sense of humor.

Date: 06/17/04 17:38
Re: North Carolina selling passenger cars on EBay
Author: NarrowGauge

GenePoon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Maybe I should post this on the model railroad
> board, too. 1:1 scale. But some people over
> there lack a sense of humor.

LOL!
Hey, just tell them that Horizon has purchased the State of North Carolina and is selling their inventory. That should start the cries for a boycott.... "No more vacations in the Outer Banks!"
narrowgauge

Date: 06/17/04 23:50
Author: saludamtn

Aw what the hey. Go ahead and post it over there Gene. It's been a dull night and the idea of the soreheads waking up to that piece of information gives me a chuckle just thinkin about it. Just don't sell the F59s.

Date: 06/18/04 05:49
Author: RFandPFan

The power car (F-3B Unit) would make a good static display with an A unit. Otherwise it appears to be gutted and not of much use otherwise.

Date: 06/18/04 06:22
Author: wabash2800

I hope they post photos on ebay. Photos sell.

Date: 06/18/04 08:55
Author: GBNorman

Date: 06/18/04 11:56
Author: pismobum

The dome isn't "surplus", NCDOT has just given up in disgust. It was out of service for a long time as the FRA insisted they had to change some of the dome windows to be removable for emergency exits. After a long hassle it was finally revamped and put back in service, only to have the FRA now rule that the lack of vestibule exits makes it "unsafe" and cannot be operated - the fact that it has operated that way over 50 YEARS is immaterial. "God Bless our bureaucrats" (buyer beware!)

Date: 06/19/04 06:43
Author: RFandPFan

You hit the nail on the head. That dome car was very nice and I hear very popular. NCDOT tried to meet the requirements, its pretty hard to hit a constantly moving target though!!!

Date: 06/19/04 08:45
Author: GenePoon

When it comes to bureaucrats, maintaining inconsistency and a "constanly moving target" equates to JOB SECURITY. And since any bureaucratic manager's status within the system is based (no matter how informally) on how many people he supervises, is it any surprise that the Government has gotten as bloated as it is, while providing less service, and less effective service, for the money being gobbled up?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.045 seconds