Home Open Account Help 363 users online

Passenger Trains > Just when I thought LD trains on the NEC were getting b

Date: 01/04/05 11:25
Just when I thought LD trains on the NEC were getting b
Author: oaksmodelrr

Arriving today in NYC, 98 had a Horizon car on the tail end and 20 had an AEM-7/AEM7AC pair for power. Throw in a very late 91 (1:50 late out of NYC) and the normal complement of SEPTA and Amtrak trains, and CETC7 wound up running three tracks west and one track east between Holmes and Grundy on the NEC during lunch. Interesting listening to the normally silent Acela heading eb on Track 1 banging through the Eddington switch.

Date: 01/04/05 12:13
Re: Just when I thought LD trains on the NEC were getti
Author: Jack_Deasy

If you want some more entertainment from Amtrak's long distance trains on the NEC, catch The Crescent # 20 on Wednesday morning January 5th. She should have a heavyweight Pullman solarium observation lounge sleeper (KITCHI GAMMI CLUB) on the rear.

Date: 01/04/05 13:55
Author: NYCSTL8

KGC and its companion, CARLETON CLUB, were fixtures for several years in the 1940's on the NKP's Cleveland-St. Louis over-nighters, 9 and 10, and even sported handsome NICKEL PLATE ROAD drumheads. These trains were pulled by three steamers, some combination of 4-6-0's and 4-6-2's, in relay fashion, changing at Lima, OH, and Frankfort, IN. The late artist, Howard Fogg, wrote a letter to TRAINS mag back in that era, recounting the delightful journey he had just completed on No. 10, with KGC carrying the markers.

Date: 01/05/05 09:40
Author: oaksmodelrr

Jack_Deasy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you want some more entertainment from Amtrak's
> long distance trains on the NEC, catch The
> Crescent # 20 on Wednesday morning January 5th.
> She should have a heavyweight Pullman solarium
> observation lounge sleeper (KITCHI GAMMI CLUB) on
> the rear.

It was lousy weather, but got it anyway as it passed FJ10 at Eddington at 12:15.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.3303 seconds