Home Open Account Help 306 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Queensland coal railroad gets approval

Date: 08/13/14 17:06
Queensland coal railroad gets approval
Author: DKay

A railway linking what will be one of the world's biggest coal mines to a port on the Great Barrier Reef coast has been approved.

The Greenies are not going to like this.
Regards,dK

""Queensland's Coordinator-General has given the nod to Indian firm Adani's 300km rail line, called the North Galilee Rail Project, which will link its huge Carmichael Coal Mine with the Abbot Point coal terminal.

The project still requires federal government approval, which is due by September 30.

The $2.2 billion rail line will transport more than 100 million tonnes of coal a year.

Deputy Premier Jeff Seeney says the project, which will create up to 2400 jobs during construction, will unlock the vast, resource-rich Galilee Basin.

"The multi-billion dollar coal projects proposed for the Galilee Basin have the potential to create the next wave of resource sector jobs in Queensland and dramatically boost our state's coal exports," he said in a statement.

Mr Seeney said Adani's project was subject to strict conditions to protect flora and fauna and address surface water, air quality and noise emissions.

He also said the Indian firm must strike a deal with affected landholders that stipulates how access will be maintained to homesteads, stock feeding areas and water supply""

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/14 17:07 by DKay.

Date: 08/13/14 18:41
Re: Queensland coal railroad gets approval
Author: PHall

Was there supposed to be a picture or something in that big blank area of your post?

Date: 08/13/14 19:05
Author: DKay

PHall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Was there supposed to be a picture or something in
> that big blank area of your post?

No ,no pic ,just how the cut and paste turned out.
Regards,DK

Date: 08/14/14 09:28
Author: mukinduri

>>> The Greenies are not going to like this. >>

I assume you don't believe the science of climate change. It's a problem for my grandchildren's generation anyway so why should I worry?

Date: 08/14/14 14:54
Author: jfrank39

mukinduri Wrote:
> >>> The Greenies are not going to like this. >>
>
> I assume you don't believe the science of climate
> change. It's a problem for my grandchildren's
> generation anyway so why should I worry?

Exactly. I don't believe them anyway. Maybe they should be worried about the coming ICE AGE.

Date: 08/16/14 04:07
Author: 55002

Maybe you should be worried about the US coal exports. If this project goes ahead, and most of it is destined to China, it will be closer haul and the USA will loose out. Chris UK.

Date: 08/19/14 07:23
Author: McKey

Come on guys, climate change (actually variation both ways due to several factors in longer period) is fact but we need ALL the resources we can find to feed the future World / Universe (with Mars coming online soon ;) population. This includes ALL the old resources and ALL that the new technology brings us. Unless of course Fusion energy will be here soon. I doubt it will be.

jfrank39 Wrote:
> mukinduri Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > >>> The Greenies are not going to like this. >>
> >
> > I assume you don't believe the science of
> climate
> > change. It's a problem for my grandchildren's
> > generation anyway so why should I worry?
>
> Exactly. I don't believe them anyway. Maybe they
> should be worried about the coming ICE AGE.

Date: 08/19/14 07:24

Could anyone help me find (my future railfanning trip target) Carmichael Coal Mine? Google and Apple Maps don't know it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/14 07:26 by McKey.

Date: 08/19/14 07:29

It seems to be a project, so I suppose it is nowhere to be found yet, probably not for the next 10 years. U.S. Don't fear for the lost coal exports, the demand will probably increase considerably by the time this site will be online.

Here is a link to project page and location there: http://www.adanimining.com/NGBR-EIS-ProjectLocation

And for the other project: http://www.adanimining.com/Australia-Mine-location

McKey Wrote:
> Could anyone help me find (my future railfanning
> trip target) Carmichael Coal Mine? Google and
> Apple Maps don't know it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/14 07:31 by McKey.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0639 seconds