Home Open Account Help 294 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Subway Ginza Line train on the 3rd floor high

Date: 01/21/15 04:15
Subway Ginza Line train on the 3rd floor high
Author: Hiroshi

This is where Ginza line train meets Shibuya Valley and will be terminated at Shibuya station.

Hiroshi

Date: 01/22/15 13:40
Re: Subway Ginza Line train on the 3rd floor high
Author: norm1153

Is that construction for a new station?

Date: 01/22/15 19:02
Re: Subway Ginza Line train on the 3rd floor high
Author: cchan006

norm1153 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is that construction for a new station?

There will be new buildings going up in the immediate area with more retail and office space, and in conjunction, Tokyo Metro is moving Ginza Line's station 130 meters, so the answer is yes. Scheduled completion is 2021.

I'm going to miss the original station, but for those who don't suffer from nostalgia, the new station should be a welcome change, where transfers to JR and Keio trains will no longer require traversing through a series of stairs. I believe the transfer to Tokyu trains have always been relatively easy.

FYI, that's four separate railroad companies serving Shibuya: Tokyo Metro, JR East, Tokyu, and Keio. Keio is the only company that has one line serving Shibuya. The other 3 companies have two, and in JR's case, more than two... and Shibuya isn't even the busiest station in Tokyo! For those who haven't visited Japan, this is an example how they take trains seriously.

I'll have to check it out next time I visit Japan. I'm very confident this won't be a planning fiasco like Sacramento, CA, where rail passengers' convenience is neglected. Lots of great sushi places in Shibuya, but I often go to a tempura restaurant (reasonably priced) which has been in business for more than two decades.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0859 seconds