Home Open Account Help 317 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Hunter Valley ( Australia ) ' bankers '

Date: 09/27/16 23:09
Hunter Valley ( Australia ) ' bankers '
Author: djsj

Re the previous enquiry, a question about spots to catch the loaded services with the bankers added at WILLOW CREEK . I will be videoing and would really like to be somewhere to get the ' full blast ' of the locos working upgrade. Would also like any location to be quick / easy access, no trudging across farmland or bush scrub !. 
Last year we were at CAMPBERWELL and a loaded service stopped near the siding entry, from what we could see of the ' hump' in the consist it would appear the train was at the top of a grade. Were another group of bankers being uncoupled ( from the rear ) if so where would they have been attached.
                                                                                       Again many thanks for any help,
                                                                                            David Green

Date: 09/28/16 20:44
Re: Hunter Valley ( Australia ) ' bankers '
Author: ROKERROBOT

Hello Dave , The safest places I have taken video of coal trains being helped up to the Ardglen tunnel at the top of the grade are from a rural rd that crosses the tracks the eastern side of the heavy vehicle inspection station at Kankool , don't park beside the tracks , a highway patrol officer told me one time when I parked right beside the tracks to get off the rail corridor , I just drove up the side rd at Kankool a short way and found a better spot above the tracks. Between there and the turn off into Ardglen , the tracks are on a narrow shelf above the highway which is busy. Ardglen itself is the next best spot , there is a concretec road bridge over the tracks there , I have taken video pics off this bridge , little road traffic . I have seen video taken from the northern end of the passing track from the opposite side of the tracks of the access rd from the highway. Yesterday I had a quick afternoon visit to
Quirindi , 8154 was shut down in the Werris Creek yrd with a ballast train . A empty and loaded PN coal had a meet at Bells Gate loop , which is between Werris Crk and Quirindi. Tomorrow at mid day I will going over the Liverpool range on the Sydney bound explorer.
When will you be in the Werris Crk area.?
GM

Posted from Android

Date: 09/29/16 19:18

I am on my way to Sydney by train , at the helper pocket , two PN TT class locos are on rear of PN loaded coal waiting to follow my train up the grade . Back at Willow Tree , 8154 is in the loop at Willow Tree with a ballast train heading south
. Further back at Braefield Loop a empty Aurizon coal was waiting , a PN TT class empty was waiting at Werris Crk station for the Moree passenger section to arrive.
In the yard , two grain corp 48s were waiting with a empty grain . Just passed another Aurizon empty coal at Ardglen . At Pages River loop at the eastern foot of the grade , a empty PN coal is waiting . Light rain since Quirind .
GM

Posted from Android

Date: 10/03/16 02:35
Author: djsj

Thanks for your reply, your info' sounds just what we want. We arrive at MAITLAND Nov 4th and work our way west ?, expect to be at WERRIS on the 8th and 9th then onto NARRIRBRI 10th / 11th back to MAITLAND on the 12th.
                                                                        Thanks again
                                                                      Dave Green

Date: 10/04/16 05:10
Author: rschonfelder

I think it is called "Willow Tree" not "Willow Creek" (as mentioned by the other responder above).

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/16 05:12 by rschonfelder.

Date: 11/07/16 12:30

Morning Dave ,
Where will you be today. I am driving down to Quirindi mid morning , I will keep an eye out for you.
Cheers
Grambo.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0547 seconds