Home Open Account Help 308 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Japan Scenes

Date: 01/25/17 22:21
Japan Scenes
Author: glibby

The two photos of steam locomotives were taken in Kumamoto, Japan, in the summer of 1972.  The photo of the diesel powered freight train was taken near Okayama in the spring of 1974.

Date: 01/26/17 10:25
Re: Japan Scenes
Author: lynnpowell

Great photos.  I spent a couple weeks railfanning in Japan in 1969 and loved it!  I hope that you have some more photos that you can post.

Date: 01/26/17 12:12
Author: glibby

I do, and I'll post some more.

Date: 01/26/17 20:48
Author: cchan006

These are wonderful! Thanks for posting them.

Any photos of Japanese freight before they "containerized" everything is a welcome sight! It's tough to pinpoint where the DD51-led freight is, but I'm guessing the Tsuyama Line which travels north out of Okayama. That non-electrified line ventures into the deep mountains in a relatively short distance out of Okayama proper.

Not too many photos of tank engines pulling passenger cars in Kyushu - most Japanese railfans prefer to share the 4-6-2s, 4-6-4s pulling their train. I spent time doing Google image search to find that out. The tank engine in your photos look like the C11 (2-6-4).

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0261 seconds