Home Open Account Help 320 users online

International Railroad Discussion > What is Tobu's new trainset?

Date: 06/17/17 02:44
What is Tobu's new trainset?
Author: Railpax71

I haven't got a picture as they have not replaced the Ryomo on the Isesaki, Japan line. I did notice that the platforms as far as Hanyu have been re-legended with car stops for the new train. What is the name? The picture looks like "Liberty" or could it be "Variety"? I did see a number of trainsets parked today south of Tobu-dobotsu-koen. The Ryomo trainsets have had all their seats replaced with dropdown tables in the seatbacks--but the side mounted table still exists and conflicts. First picture poster in Kita-Senju.. Second picture Ryomo on the Akagi line at Yabuzuka.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/17 02:46 by Railpax71.

Date: 06/17/17 07:33
Re: What is Tobu's new trainset?
Author: cchan006

Railpax71 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is the name? The picture looks like
> "Liberty" or could it be "Variety"? I did see a
> number of trainsets parked today south of
> Tobu-dobotsu-koen.

The katakana name of the new train set (リバティ) is the same used for the word "Liberty" in the Japanese language, but the Roman character name (Revaty) doesn't even resemble that. Wikipedia says it's supposed to be a word representing the combination of Variety and Liberty, but I say, huh? Tobu Railway should have hired the people who came up with names Lexus and Acura for Toyota and Honda, respectively.

Date: 06/17/17 17:30
Re: What is Tobu's new trainset?
Author: Railpax71

They need help in the marketing name department. Also have been puzzled by the Spacia Limited express. Nice face compared to Liberty, but Spacia is a car model produced by Suzuki!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0265 seconds