Home Open Account Help 380 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Dubai Tram

Date: 07/04/18 04:59
Dubai Tram
Author: andersonb109

I don't recall seeing anything on TO from the UAE so here goes. This is the only tram line in Dubai. I didn't even notice it until Yana yelled "Bruce, tram on bridge" as seen from  private tour boat. What a fantastic city. They also have an extensive metro system but we didn't find time to ride or photograph it. The stations however looked ultra modern, along with everything else there. Quite the culture shock after my week of steam photography in Poland, just posed on the Steam Board.

Date: 07/04/18 09:11
Re: Dubai Tram
Author: mile250

Great photo. Dubai, you say. Water, boat, wall of buildings, and a tram! The stubby tram sections remind me of a design for an ultra-light rail vehicle that I sketched nearly 50 years ago when I was in college. I'd like to share your photo with my current students.
Glen Matteson
San Luis Obispo, California

Date: 07/05/18 08:57
Author: 55002

Amazing scene, Bruce. Trams - palm trees -high rise!! Chris uk

Date: 07/05/18 14:01
Author: tomstp

And, no sewage system in Dubai.

Date: 07/06/18 00:03
Author: utwazoo

tomstp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And, no sewage system in Dubai.

Really?

Date: 07/06/18 01:08
Author: bakersfielddave

have been on them a few times i always worried about stepping on the middle rail but nothing happened  the air conditioning is superb as is the commuter trains but they are always packed full of passengers day and night

Date: 07/06/18 11:17
Author: tomstp

Yes really, no sewage system.  Trucks pumped out bad stuff from a building  and hauled it several miles inland and dumped it.

Date: 07/06/18 11:34
Author: 4489

November 2015 Trains Magazine covered this system.  I know some of you think that Trains mag is beneath you...........However I still read every issue and continue to learn.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0508 seconds