Home Open Account Help 226 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Rioters attack FCAB


Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2


Date: 01/11/20 17:14
Rioters attack FCAB
Author: jmt

Friday night saw the FCAB in Antofagasta attacked by leftist rioters.

Loco 950 stopped and burnt (crew escaped without injury), plus 3 pickups, pedrestrian bridge, and the rail bridge over the Av. Salvador Allende floodway.

I guess that Salvador Allande says it all, what a hopeless confused twit.

Paste "AGUANTEN TODAS LAS POBLAS EN RESISTENCIA/ ANTOFAGASTA 10/01/2020" in Youtube search.

The loss of the bridge over the floodway will cut the direct link to Mejillones.
 








Date: 01/11/20 17:27
Re: Rioters attack FCAB
Author: pedrop

The Comunism like to explore the power of the youth directing it to violence without reason and limits.

Posted from Android

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano, MG
Minas Gerais Railways



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/20 06:31 by pedrop.



Date: 01/12/20 05:54
Re: Rioters attack FCAB
Author: CM80-46

Mob mentality, no one gains. Destroying infrastructure hurts all the people that depend on it.



Date: 01/12/20 13:29
Re: Rioters attack FCAB
Author: Lurch_in_ABQ

Hard to imagine youth being so passionate about 762 mm gauge.



Date: 01/12/20 13:38
Re: Rioters attack FCAB
Author: CA_Sou_MA_Agent

Hey wait a minute!  This is Trainorders.com.  Judging from past opinions that have been expressed on this forum, there's probably a whole bunch of subscribers here who are socialists / communists / progressives / liberals / AntiFa members who have absolutely no problem with what's been happening in Chile and can't wait for it to happen in the U.S.A. 



Date: 01/12/20 14:38
Re: Rioters attack FCAB
Author: tomstp

Well if there are, to hell with them.



Date: 01/12/20 17:59
Re: Rioters attack FCAB
Author: PHall

CA_Sou_MA_Agent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey wait a minute!  This is Trainorders.com. 
> Judging from past opinions that have been
> expressed on this forum, there's probably a whole
> bunch of subscribers here who are socialists /
> communists / progressives / liberals / AntiFa
> members who have absolutely no problem with what's
> been happening in Chile and can't wait for it to
> happen in the U.S.A. 


Like how you pulled one from the Anarchist's Handbook. Make a bold statement to get everybody upset and then disappear.
 



Date: 01/13/20 17:19
Re: Rioters attack FCAB
Author: ATSF3751

PHall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CA_Sou_MA_Agent Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hey wait a minute!  This is Trainorders.com. 
> > Judging from past opinions that have been
> > expressed on this forum, there's probably a
> whole
> > bunch of subscribers here who are socialists /
> > communists / progressives / liberals / AntiFa
> > members who have absolutely no problem with
> what's
> > been happening in Chile and can't wait for itg
> to
> > happen in the U.S.A. 
>
>
> Like how you pulled one from the Anarchist's
> Handbook. Make a bold statement to get everybody
> upset and then disappear.
>  
It appears that CA_Sou_MA_Agent is fine with Latin American countires, but only when right-wing facists dictators are in in charge. 
Bring out the "commie/socialist/progressive/liberal" comments in a desperate attempt to justify his own ignorance of the actual differences between those philosophies. Hid personal attacks on those of us who think differently from him are typical of someone who believes in authoritarian rule. 
 



Date: 01/14/20 11:17
Re: Rioters attack FCAB
Author: CA_Sou_MA_Agent

ATSF3751 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
  
> It appears that CA_Sou_MA_Agent is fine with Latin American countires, but only when right-wing facists dictators are in charge. 


I suppose you prefer left wing dictators, such as Salvador Allende?     

> Bring out the "commie/socialist/progressive/liberal" comments in a desperate attempt to justify his own ignorance of the actual differences between those philosophies.

Well, it certain;y didn't take long for the insults to fly.  You people on The Left would be totally lost if you couldn't fling insults.  

> His personal attacks on those of us who think differently from him are typical of someone who believes in authoritarian rule. 

Personal attacks?  In the previous exchanges, did I name you personally?  Please show me where.  So far, the only "authoritarian rule" I see cropping up in the U.S. is coming from young college kids who have been brainwashed into hating America and want to destroy the Bill of Rights.
I guess you're going to be really upset when Trump is reelected in November.  Have you selected a location yet where you can scream up into the sky (again)?

https://s9953.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/There_and_Back_Again_1-696x538.jpg 

  



Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/20 19:56 by CA_Sou_MA_Agent.



Date: 01/15/20 10:41
Re: Rioters attack FCAB
Author: TAW

CA_Sou_MA_Agent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey wait a minute!  This is Trainorders.com. 
> Judging from past opinions that have been
> expressed on this forum, there's probably a whole
> bunch of subscribers here who are socialists /
> communists / progressives / liberals / AntiFa
> members who have absolutely no problem with what's
> been happening in Chile and can't wait for it to
> happen in the U.S.A. 

You are making at least one gratuitous and ill-informed assumption.

TAW



Date: 01/15/20 11:10
Re: Rioters attack FCAB
Author: CA_Sou_MA_Agent

TAW Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You are making at least one gratuitous and ill-informed assumption.


When I said "a bunch of subscribers" I did not mean all of them.    
 



Date: 01/15/20 12:22
Re: Rioters attack FCAB
Author: stanhunter

I certainly took it to refer to people who share the same beliefs as I do, and so therefore me.  A mean and unnecessary remark.  

SH

CA_Sou_MA_Agent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TAW Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You are making at least one gratuitous
> and ill-informed assumption.
>
> When I said "a bunch of subscribers" I did not
> mean all of them.    
>  



Date: 01/15/20 16:37
Re: Rioters attack FCAB
Author: CA_Sou_MA_Agent

stanhunter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I certainly took it to refer to people who share the same beliefs as I do, and so therefore me.  


When I said "a bunch of subscribers" I did not necessarily mean you.  The phrase "a bunch of subscribers" is about as vague as it can get.      



Date: 01/17/20 11:59
Re: Rioters attack FCAB
Author: nm2320

CA_Sou_MA_Agent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey wait a minute!  This is Trainorders.com. 
> Judging from past opinions that have been
> expressed on this forum, there's probably a whole
> bunch of subscribers here who are socialists /
> communists / progressives / liberals / AntiFa
> members who have absolutely no problem with what's
> been happening in Chile and can't wait for it to
> happen in the U.S.A. 

I would not want an Allande or Pinochet in the White house or a military dictatorship.

Riots result in death, destruction, and economic ruin where they occur with damage caused by the people in the same neighborhood or outsiders (Tulsa, Baltimore, LA, Detroit, Newark, etc.) 

Let us hope through respectful dialog, registering and voting by all those eligible, and if needed, peaceful, nonviolent protest without dehumanizing "the other" we can proceed in a constructive path for all of us. I will be reflecting on this through this coming long weekend culminating in MLK day. Peace, brothers and sisters.



Date: 01/18/20 15:02
Re: Rioters attack FCAB
Author: CA_Sou_MA_Agent

nm2320 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let us hope through respectful dialog, registering and voting by all those eligible, and if needed, peaceful, nonviolent protest without dehumanizing "the other" we can proceed in a constructive path for all of us. I will be reflecting on this through this coming long weekend culminating in MLK day. Peace, brothers and sisters.


I'll try and keep all of that in mind as I'm sitting in one of the gulags set up by Bernie Sanders and Kyle Jurek.  

https://babylonbee.com/news/sanders-clarifies-his-gulags-will-be-democratic-gulags



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/20 15:29 by CA_Sou_MA_Agent.



Date: 01/19/20 15:50
Re: Rioters attack FCAB
Author: BigDave

Please tell me you know the Babylon Bee is a satire news site.



Date: 01/19/20 18:23
Re: Rioters attack FCAB
Author: CA_Sou_MA_Agent

BigDave Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please tell me you know the Babylon Bee is a satire news site.


Of course.  It's one of the funniest sites on the Internet.  But, as we all know, there was certainly nothing humorous re what Kyle Jurek was talking about.  And have you noticed how the Main Stream Media is sweeping it all under the rug?  No way would that be the case if Trump had such a person on his staff.  



Date: 01/20/20 19:30
Re: Rioters attack FCAB
Author: PHall

CA_Sou_MA_Agent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> nm2320 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Let us hope through respectful dialog,
> registering and voting by all those eligible, and
> if needed, peaceful, nonviolent protest without
> dehumanizing "the other" we can proceed in a
> constructive path for all of us. I will be
> reflecting on this through this coming long
> weekend culminating in MLK day. Peace, brothers
> and sisters.
>
> I'll try and keep all of that in mind as I'm
> sitting in one of the gulags set up by Bernie
> Sanders and Kyle Jurek.  
>
> https://babylonbee.com/news/sanders-clarifies-his-
> gulags-will-be-democratic-gulags


Maybe they'll haul you there in one of those "articulated autorack" cars which we all know were built as prison cars by Obama's FEMA!
It was on the internet which it has to be true, right? Because nobody lies on the internet...



Date: 01/21/20 09:25
Re: Rioters attack FCAB
Author: TAW

CA_Sou_MA_Agent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BigDave Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Please tell me you know the Babylon Bee is
> a satire news site.
>
> But, as we all know, there was
> certainly nothing humorous re what Kyle Jurek was
> talking about.  And have you noticed how the Main
> Stream Media is sweeping it all under the rug?
>  No way would that be the case if Trump had such
> a person on his staff.  

Let's look at it this way. When the media story says the conductor put on the emergency brake, there is massive discussion about the ignorance of the media. When the story says three trains derailed and it is three cars, there is massive discussion about the ignorance of the media. Suddenly, when the media puts forth a story that fits a predetermined political perception, it is gospel. Just remember that the media are corporations, just as are the railroads. Their mission is to make as much money as possible with the minimum amount of effort. Remember the Maine! They figure out what to say to get maximum revenue. Truth may or may not be a factor.

I have some railroad friends who grew up in East Germany. Twenty years ago as I was getting to know them & v, it was enlightening to find out that much of what they were taught about us was not true and much of what we were taught about them was not true.

I found also that railroading was railroading, here or there. I was even, after learning from them and them from me, able to joke about it with them about the differences and similarities. In a conversation with the director of a control center in what was The East, we were talking about how train dispatcher was a greatly respected position in the old days, but the respect has pretty much gone. He told me that in The East, train dispatchers had a uniform similar to that of a senior military officer and were treated like VIPs. I told him that it was once like that in the US but we didn't have uniforms; however, we were often called God. He said that I should remember that in The East, they had no God, so they had to have a uniform.

When it comes to violence, there are left-wingnuts that like to blow stuff up, burn stuff down, and generally trash everything. Reasonable left people don't want to be around them. There are right wingnuts that like to blow stuff up, burn stuff down, and generally trash everything. Reasonable right people don't want to be around them. There are just plain violent crazies that like to blow stuff up, burn stuff down, and generally trash everything. Then there are the otherwise reasonable people who just can't take any more and can blow stuff up, burn stuff down, and generally trash everything. I have encountered some pretty nasty activity among just plain ol' 'merican working stiffs who are on strike, pushed too far by the system.

When it comes to staff, there are loose cannons everywhere, working for virtually everybody. Some of those loose cannons are part of one of the categories just above. They don't represent the organization of which they are a part, whether it be a burger joint or a political campaign. When they are found out by way of some inappropriate action, they are handled by the organization. What was done is not published any more than you will hear in the local media about the conductor or snake who forgot a derail and managed to block every crossing in town for hours. It's handled; it's done; it's not published.

During the time that I have worked with government agencies, I have worked with folks from both parties who are really good, really mediocre, and really bad. There is the perception of government bad, capitalist good. Well, I have found the really good, the really bad, and those striving to achieve mediocrity in both types of organization. That's the way it is. Party affiliation or general political philosophy are generalizations. Application to specific instances or people could be completely wrong. The perception of Sanders' position is among them.

I was a train dispatcher and chief long enough to not be bothered by anything anyone says or implies, general or specific. Not everyone here is that jaded.

As far as I'm concerned, we need someone who will protect what working folks need and expand rail transportation before the hedge funds sell it all for scrap.

TAW

 



Date: 03/23/20 01:56
Re: Rioters attack FCAB
Author: Connie4800

You see, this is what happens when you don't have that much context - it looks really bad. When you consider that FCAB, as a company, has been using nonexistant regulations to dump lead on the good people of Antofagasta, provides no service except to private industry, and is in general a pretty trashy company... you start sympathizing with the people...

Or you would, if you weren't a foamer that believes every single train is good and operated for morally pure means.
 



Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2


[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1333 seconds