Home Open Account Help 212 users online

International Railroad Discussion > International Railway Station Where is it No. 10

Date: 06/07/20 02:42
International Railway Station Where is it No. 10
Author: andersonb109

Back to Southern Hemisphere. The high protective fence in front of the station could be a clue to it's location. 

Date: 06/07/20 07:50
Re: International Railway Station Where is it No. 10

Time for the first clue. I was suppose to join Rovos Rail in Pretoria SA for the annual trip to Dar Es Salam, Tanzania.  In order to save time away the plan was to have my friends from Cape Town  use my room  from Cape Town to Pretoria and I would join the train at Capital Park and spend the day with them in Pretoria )or whatever it's called now by the locals). Thus saving two nights on in route as I had done the route many times before. But the train was hours late due mostly to freezing conditions in Capetown and the Karroo. So the excellent staff at Rovos Rail arranged for me (without even asking) to ride in their mini van with the tour guide to this location where they would off load the passengers for their planned city tour of Pretoria. They even had lunch prepared for me at Capital Park upon my arrival. As Mr. Voss insists, all guests are addressed by their sir name. I've known Alicia Trichard. their lead international sales person for years. "Hello Bruce" I was greeted getting into the mini van. She wasn t "officially" working so she could use my forename. So along with the guide, hair dresser and Alicia, we boarded the train at this location for the trip to Pretoria and I was able to have a lengthy visit with my friends who were already on board occupying what would become my room. They flew back to Cape Town the next day.  No other luxury train that I'm aware of would have gone that extra mile. And not charged anything extra for my friends as there were two of them for meals, drinks, etc. So where did I board the train? 

Date: 06/07/20 17:04
Re: International Railway Station Where is it No. 10

Another no guess day:(  . It's Gerministon, South Africa. A major junction on the line south of Johannesburg.  As the Britts' would say...a very dodgey area. There once was a large steam shed there and until recently was the home of Reefsteamers preservation group which sadly just went bankrupt. Recent reports indicate a new group has taken over the facility. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0404 seconds