Home Open Account Help 364 users online

International Railroad Discussion > International Railway Station Where is it no. 14

Date: 06/11/20 02:30
International Railway Station Where is it no. 14
Author: andersonb109

Back to southern Africa. While this station still serves passengers, it is also a railway museum. 

Date: 06/11/20 02:38
Re: International Railway Station Where is it no. 14

Should be easy. I just noticed the name is on the front!  So here's another for today. 

Date: 06/11/20 02:40

No. 2 for today. 

Date: 06/11/20 05:00
Author: pennengineer

First one is Windhoek, Namibia.

Second one is Krasnoyarsk, Russia, located just over 4,000 km east of Moscow on the Trans-Siberian between Novosibirsk and Irkutsk.

Date: 06/11/20 06:23
Author: GettingShort

Yes Krasnoyarsk, and on the side of the plaza from where the picture of the station was taken there is this fine mural. And a parked Volga to emphasize this is Russia.

Date: 06/11/20 08:07

Windhoek is the wonderful capital city of Namibia. So different than any other African cities I've been to. Very clean. No worries about crime. Beautiful well maintained gardens. For some reason there was a Fidel Castro Street. I walked around for hours alone with no worries at all. I wouldn't do that any place in South Africa.  Namibia was a German colony. I wonder if it's do to the German culture that has been retained following independence? Most African countries I've been to seem to have gone to crap after the Europeans left. Namibia is definitely an exception to that. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0692 seconds