Home Open Account Help 176 users online

International Railroad Discussion > PT KAI - Indonesian National Railways - GT38AC - Departure

Date: 10/23/20 16:14
PT KAI - Indonesian National Railways - GT38AC - Departure
Author: DelMonteX

The Port of Olympia in Washington State,  was the departure point for two PT KAI / Indonesian National Railways narrow gauge locomotives on 10/23/2020.  CC2051326 & CC2051315 arrived damaged at Progress Rail in Tacoma, where they were rebuilt and repaired.  The EMD GT38AC locomotives were loaded on flat cars, picked up by Tacoma Rail, delivered to the BNSF, who set them out at East Olympia for the tiny line Olympia and Belmore.  The O&B brought them down to the Port of Olympia to await the arrival of the BBC Asia, which arrived on 10/22/2020. The last rail move was preformed by the tiny yard goat that lives at the Port Olympia.   Despite the windy conditions, both locomotives were gently placed in one of the holds of the Asia, which is scheduled to set sail later this evening.

Steve Carter
Gig Harbor, WA
My Photography

Date: 10/23/20 16:14
Re: PT KAI - Indonesian National Railways - GT38AC - Departure

Here'a  couple more images.

Steve Carter
Gig Harbor, WA
My Photography

Date: 10/23/20 16:41
Author: pedrop

Fantastic pictures. Thanks for sharing with us.
I am wondering about the capacity of that crane...

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/20 17:00 by pedrop.

Date: 10/23/20 17:20
Author: seod

You have a quite drone I never even heard it overhead. I just pulled up to see what I could see and they were just loading the second engine.

Scott O'Dell

Date: 10/23/20 21:43

Nice shot Scott!    You can see my drone as a speck just above the locomotive!        Go take a look.     Then come back and I'll tell you I'm kidding, I'd never get that close. 

Steve Carter
Gig Harbor, WA
My Photography

Date: 10/24/20 03:29
Author: BigDave

I thought Washington State Ferries had sold the Evergreen State to the scrappers!

Date: 10/24/20 08:50
Author: seod

An individual bought it with big plans that not come to be and he stopped paying moorage fees to the port. The port sued and won possession of the Ferry recently. What is going to happen to it now is a guess. If they can't sell it soon I surmise it would be scrapped but that is just me guessing.

I rode the Evergreen state many times as my Grandparents lived on Lopez Island in the San Juan's. It was on that run for many years.

Scott O'Dell

Date: 10/24/20 10:25
Author: railcity

What else will this  Big Ship carry for over Sea Markets??

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0468 seconds