Home Open Account Help 325 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Return to Tamachi (Tokyo, Japan)

Date: 08/26/21 16:34
Return to Tamachi (Tokyo, Japan)
Author: cchan006

While many Tokyo railfans know about Tamachi as a good location to catch trains on the Tokaido Line, I found it on my own while participating in a "stamp rally" in October of 2014 (Link below scrolls down to the 2nd video in the thread, which was shot at Tamachi):

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?6,3715328,3715338#3715338

I went back to the location twice in 2015, in May to catch Doctor Yellow (Shinkansen inspection train) for the first time, and in October to catch it again. While waiting for Doctor Yellow to show up during my October visit, I recorded some video.

The following thread in the Railfan Technology discussion inspired me to post this video:

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?9,5313790

I used a "tripod" (Gorillapod) for my first visit, but did not use one (handheld) for this second visit. You be the judge on which one is "better." It's my opinion that using the tripod severely restricted how I wanted to document the location.

Trains in order of appearance:

- Class 251 "Super View Odoriko" (gone in March 2020).
- Class E231, Yamanote Line (gone in December 2020).
- Tokyo Monorail, Class 1000.
- Shinkansen Class N700A going away.
- Shinkansen Class 700 coming (gone in March 2020*).
- Class E231, Ueno-Tokyo Line**.
- Class E231Yamanote Line AND Tokyo Monorail Class 10000.
- Class E233, Keihin-Tohoku Line, going away, then coming.

* "Platypus-faced" Class 700s still operate west of Shin-Osaka by JR West, and modified Class 700 Doctor Yellows still run.

** Tokaido Line trains have been called Ueno-Tokyo Line after the opening of the Ueno-Tokyo Line connector in March 2015.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0368 seconds