Home Open Account Help 292 users online

International Railroad Discussion > The derailment of train C675 (Brazil)

Date: 12/18/22 15:36
The derailment of train C675 (Brazil)
Author: pedrop

Last night (12/17/22), there was a heavy storm in my area, specially in the city of Pedro Leopoldo (EPL), nineteen kilometers by rail from my town Vespasiano (EVP). There was some mudslides in the area and empty logging train C675 collided with a mudslide while doing the "S" curve between EPL siding and EWL yard and six flat cars derailed. The MoW gang spent all the night to open the traffic again and by 02:00 PM the first train could pass in that area. Nobody was injuried. 
1) Picture from a local Newspaper;
2- 3) I passed by the city today afternoon and could took some pictures of the derailment site.

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/22 15:38 by pedrop.

Date: 12/18/22 15:41
Re: The derailment of train C675 (Brazil)

4 - 5) More pictures.

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1

Date: 12/18/22 16:06

7 - 8)  A scavator was used to remove the cars and clean the water curvets;
9) I recorded this video to show the derailment site. I added a video done by friend Waldemar Ogando showing the scacatir cleaning the curvets along the tracks.
A railroad crane will arrive in the site tomorrow to remove the flat cars and I intend to go there to watch the action.

That's all for now.

Pedro

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/22 16:11 by pedrop.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/18/22 18:16
Author: Ritzville

Wow Pedro, another derailment! Those derailed cars got fairly close to the nearby houses. Glad no one was injured.

Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0499 seconds