Home Open Account Help 367 users online

International Railroad Discussion > FTRA

Date: 02/07/01 07:44
FTRA
Author: trkwlker

i live in alabama, and have recently heard of some FTRA migrants making their was into north alabama. they pulled 2 off a train in huntsville, and have seen many ftra tags. does anyone have any info they could share about this? or anything at all about the FTRA in general? thanks.
-trkwlkr

Date: 02/21/01 14:39
RE: FTRA
Author: cplittleton

The FTRA has gotten a bad rap for criminal activities (outside of the basic criminal trespass act). Some say it's justified ... others don't. However, most that call themselves hobos outside of FTRA claim that the FTRA is the evil side of the train-hopping world. FTRA members deny these claims.

For more info, watch A&E's Investigative Reports episode entitled "Murder On The Tracks", thier # 17765 ... available for sale (if you're really that interested) on the A&E website, or (better yet) rentable from a well-stocked library or video store. The one-hour show seems to present both sides of the story pretty well, and points out that trespassing is trespassing, no matter what initials are (or are not) after your name.

Date: 02/22/01 13:29
RE: FTRA
Author: trkwlker

yes, i watched that on A&E the other night, well a couple of weeks ago. very informative. i've heard many different stories about the FTRA. just not real sure what to believe. but it stands that people like "one legged bob" and "sidetrack" arent exactly innocent hobo's. thanks for your info.
-trkwlkr

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0292 seconds