Home Open Account Help 262 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Grain & limestone train J604 (Brazil)

Date: 09/03/23 18:53
Grain & limestone train J604 (Brazil)
Author: pedrop

Hi, on September 1st I found grain train J604 arriving here in the yard. These trains use to have number J-60. The 04 use to be limestone trains class C. Soon I discovered this was grain class J that was designed to get the limestone cars here in the yard. That's why it received the O4 number. If the train have one or more grain cars it will receive the prefix J, but the number can be the one designed for the bigger section of the cars. In this case, 04 is for limestone loaded  at ENG yard. The number 6 comes from the day of the week it was formed, Friday.

1 - 2) It is not common to have three Dash 9's on the front leading the trains here. It is more common to have two units leading and one DPU;

3) A couple of U20C wait on track #1 to change to track #2 to couple some hoppers loaded with lime to form train C660 to Bahia state.

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/23 19:02 by pedrop.

Date: 09/03/23 19:01
Re: Grain & limestone train J604 (Brazil)
Author: pedrop

4) The video. A full version can be found in my channel here https://youtu.be/C_tiZeDZAbE?si=scCDxS9PHjU9tDJP

That's all for today.

Pedro

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/03/23 22:40
Author: Ritzville

Nice video with interesting power.

Larry

Date: 09/05/23 09:40
Author: RogersPass

Hi Pedro,
Where do they get the lime rock  from and is it Imported from over seas as they look
like international shipping containers? What do the use the line rock for also?
BTW Great Video also..
Cheers and thanks, Brian in New Zealand..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/23 09:49 by RogersPass.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds