Home Open Account Help 213 users online

International Railroad Discussion > The first Rumo train opens FNS railroad (Brazil)


Date: 09/24/23 18:33
The first Rumo train opens FNS railroad (Brazil)
Author: pedrop

Today Rumo rr opened the tracks linking São Paulo to Tocantins state with broad gauge. The line is part of the North & South rr (FNS) that is divided in two parts. The north part with 750 km is operated by VLI. The south part is operated by Rumo with 1,500 km . The FNS links to Vale Carajas rr in Acailandia PA. All pictures from friend Rony Marins.

1) ES44ACi 2556 leads C99, the first Rumo train to open FNS rr. At side, old C30-7 7674 (former BN 5551) leads a ballast train. 

2) C99 is ready to departs Anapolis, GO;

3) Rumo ES44ACi with Brado stack cars
 

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,




Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/23 17:56 by pedrop.








Date: 09/24/23 18:39
Re: The first Rumo train opens FNS railroad (Brazil)
Author: pedrop

4 - 5) Anapolis yard;

6) A short video.

That's all for today.

Pedro

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1



You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!




Date: 09/24/23 21:08
Re: The first Rumo train opens FNS railroad (Brazil)
Author: WP921

That's a sharp looking railroad with great infrastructure.  Thanks for posting Pedro.



Date: 09/25/23 04:28
Re: The first Rumo train opens FNS railroad (Brazil)
Author: pedrop

7) FNS rr is the brown line in the center of the country;

8) The connection to Rumo network in Goiás and São Paulo states;

9) The connection to Vale Carajás rr in Pará state in the North.

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1








Date: 09/25/23 09:32
Re: The first Rumo train opens FNS railroad (Brazil)
Author: jtwlunch

Great pictures of new railroad, the precast concrete drainage pieces below the ballast shoulders are interesting.  Would like to know what their intended function is during Brazil's heavy rain storms.  How many cars are on a typical intermodal train?  Thanks  Jim



Date: 09/25/23 09:50
Re: The first Rumo train opens FNS railroad (Brazil)
Author: Ritzville

Very NICE looking new railroad with great looking power units.

Larry



Date: 09/25/23 10:22
Re: The first Rumo train opens FNS railroad (Brazil)
Author: acltrainman

Very nice phoys of new power and a video. Some strange looking flats with containers  though. Very nice looking nre track also.

Stanley Jackowski
Valrico, FL



Date: 09/25/23 10:52
Re: The first Rumo train opens FNS railroad (Brazil)
Author: wabash2800

Did the Chinese finance the extension?

Victor Baird

Posted from Android



Date: 09/25/23 13:57
Re: The first Rumo train opens FNS railroad (Brazil)
Author: longliveSP

What is the purpose of the outside lower frame on those cars, being as that it appears that they also have the normal inner frame?



Date: 09/25/23 14:52
Re: The first Rumo train opens FNS railroad (Brazil)
Author: pedrop

Those frames prevent automobiles to enter below the freight car if an accident happens in a grade crossing.


ongliveSP Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is the purpose of the outside lower frame on
> those cars, being as that it appears that they
> also have the normal inner frame?

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1



Date: 09/25/23 14:54
Re: The first Rumo train opens FNS railroad (Brazil)
Author: pedrop

No, that is a brazilian project.

wabash2800 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did the Chinese finance the extension?
>
> Victor Baird
>
> Posted from Android

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1



Date: 09/25/23 16:55
Re: The first Rumo train opens FNS railroad (Brazil)
Author: pedrop

Yes, Brazil has a good amount of rains all the year. In the north, it rains daily. The drainage is very important to protect the cuts and fills. Those rumo intermodal trains usually have 80 cars. BTW, Rumo is the only company to use double stack in Brazil.

jtwlunch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great pictures of new railroad, the precast
> concrete drainage pieces below the ballast
> shoulders are interesting.  Would like to know
> what their intended function is during Brazil's
> heavy rain storms.  How many cars are on a
> typical intermodal train?  Thanks  Jim

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1



Date: 09/25/23 16:59
Re: The first Rumo train opens FNS railroad (Brazil)
Author: train1275

Fascinating !

Any idea what size rail ?



Date: 09/25/23 17:22
Re: The first Rumo train opens FNS railroad (Brazil)
Author: wabash2800

Thanks Pedro, but are minerals being shipped by this rail line for China?

Victor Baird

Posted from Android



Date: 09/25/23 17:34
Re: The first Rumo train opens FNS railroad (Brazil)
Author: pedrop

No, for while this is a grain corridor for exportation. China and Europe are the biggest costumers for our grains. 

wabash2800 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Pedro, but are minerals being shipped by
> this rail line for China?
>
> Victor Baird
>
> Posted from Android

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1



Date: 09/25/23 21:29
Re: The first Rumo train opens FNS railroad (Brazil)
Author: JGFuller

Brazil's first 'transcontinental' railway.



Date: 09/27/23 13:51
Re: The first Rumo train opens FNS railroad (Brazil)
Author: longliveSP

pedrop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Those frames prevent automobiles to enter below
> the freight car if an accident happens in a grade
> crossing.
>
>
> ongliveSP Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What is the purpose of the outside lower frame
> on
> > those cars, being as that it appears that they
> > also have the normal inner frame?

Thanks



Date: 09/29/23 14:53
Re: The first Rumo train opens FNS railroad (Brazil)
Author: 8notch

Pedro,
In photo #2 what is just above the windshield right between the engineer and the conductor seats. Thanks in advance and that was a nice set of pictures that your friend let you share.
Robert in Island City Oregon 



Date: 09/30/23 04:01
Re: The first Rumo train opens FNS railroad (Brazil)
Author: pedrop

Hi Robert, that is the autotrack antenna tray. Rumo is istalling PTC and soon the mainline will be served by the new system, but the autotrack still in use in the the locomotives that pass by areas shared with VLI and MRS that do not have PTC. 

8notch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pedro,
> In photo #2 what is just above the windshield
> right between the engineer and the conductor
> seats. Thanks in advance and that was a nice set
> of pictures that your friend let you share.
> Robert in Island City Oregon 

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1



Date: 10/01/23 07:43
Re: The first Rumo train opens FNS railroad (Brazil)
Author: 8notch

Pedro,
 thanks for the information. Have never seen that before.
Keep your pictures and videos coming.
Robert in Island City Oregon 



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0565 seconds