Home Open Account Help 266 users online

International Railroad Discussion > One Month Ago: Part Two - Back to the Bunbury Street Bridge

Date: 01/15/24 12:22
One Month Ago: Part Two - Back to the Bunbury Street Bridge
Author: NMlurker

After lunch I was eager to get back to the Bunbury Street bridge for more freight action. I thought a Friday might be busier but it was similar to Tuesday although with less variety of operators.

1. A Pacific National container train departs Dynon behind three NR-class Cv40-9i  locomotives.

2. Shunting a string of well cars is Pac. Nat. JT 26C-2SS 8114.

3. A pair of light engines passes consisting of two JT 26C-2SS of different classes, Pac. Nat. BL30 and ex-Freight Australia G532 still in dark green. "BL" does not actually stand for anything, it just filled in between the "AL"and "CL" series. I would guess that "CL" came from builder Clyde.

Date: 01/15/24 12:30
Re: One Month Ago: Part Two - Back to the Bunbury Street Bridge

4. Presumably coming from the port as opposed to the domestic terminal at Dynon is an outbound container train of mostly 20' international containers led by two NR-class Cv40-9i units.

5. BL30 and G532 make another appearance but with the addition of X48 (G 26C-AC) and BL31.

6. Another light engine move, this time four NR-class Cv40-9i locomotives.

Date: 01/15/24 12:35

7. At almost the exact same time as on Tuesday, the QUBE steel train from Wollongong arrives with a set of three QL-class C44aci, QL013, QL001, and QL011.

8. Lots of hot-rolled steel coils on 20' rack containers.

9. A selection of sheet steel.

Date: 01/15/24 12:42

10. And the covered cold-rolled steel coils in 20' rack containers.

11. Yet another set of four NR-class Cv40-9i Pacific National locomotives.

12. To close out the afternoon, the Sydney XPT passes on the way to Southern Cross.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.037 seconds