Home Open Account Help 196 users online

International Railroad Discussion > FCP question

Date: 11/29/03 20:54
FCP question
Author: espee99

Since the nationalization and sale of the Pacifico has any of the old ALCO and MLW power been retained even if in the yards or locals, also does anyone know the disposition of DH-17 and the FTs (from the Sonora Baja).

Thanks in advance for any information, I am planning a trip south and was wondering if there is any chance of seeing some unique power still operationing.

Espee 99

Date: 11/30/03 23:10
Re: FCP question
Author: john1082

Two of the PAs are in Mexican museums. The other two are in Portland being rehabbed, one for eventual operation and ther other for the Smithsonian

Date: 12/01/03 11:33
Author: roberthedgecock

I believe the FT-A unit is also in a museum not sure where in Mexico though

Date: 12/03/03 17:33
Author: Geep

The 2 FNM PA-1's and the S-BC FTA are alive in operating conditions in the National Museum of Mexican Railroads in Puebla, Pue.

The FTB is in Benjamin Hill, Son. but it will be restored to operting conditions and will be taken to the museum to to join it's mate, S-BC 2201.

Pictures here:

http://usuarios.lycos.es/kajunaradio/muestrathumbs.php?ruta=fotos/MNFM

Date: 12/03/03 17:36
Author: Geep

Espee99, where are you going exactly?

Geep, can help with clues...

Date: 12/04/03 08:01
Author: roberthedgecock

Geep Im glad to hear the FTB unit is still around and will be joining the A unit I had wondered what became of it

Date: 12/05/03 19:56
Author: espee99

I am planning to travel from mexicali down the old Pacifico to Tepic, and then to Leon and return. Most likely in early March. Now I am trying to justify fixing up the 4x4 instead of flying.

I would prefer to pace trains instead of white knuckles...

Thanks for all the responses.....

Espee 99

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0335 seconds