Home Open Account Help 294 users online

Railfan Technology > Olympus C-5050 and battery life

Date: 02/12/07 05:35
Olympus C-5050 and battery life
Author: DocJohn

My Olympus C-5050 seems to be going through a battery charge after less than a dozen pictures. This seems to be the case not only for the original Camedia rechargeable AA batteries but for some Everyready batteries and chargers I bought last year. How do I tell if this is a camera problem (still have time on service contract -- already been back once for new CCD) or a battery problem? If the latter, what brand batteries are known for superior life?

DocJohn

Date: 02/12/07 06:30
Re: Olympus C-5050 and battery life
Author: Doug

Are you leaving the LCD display on for extended periods between shots? Displays can really eat batteries, but that sounds inexcusable. I'd take camera and the batteries that came with it back, and make the dealer figure out which it is and fix it.

Date: 02/20/07 12:29
Author: NS8552

Similar issue with an Olympus D540. Manufacturer claims it is working normally.

If you are electronically inclined, see if you can measure the current draw while in use and while switched off. That may give you a starting point. Otherwise switch brands like I did. First and last experiment with Olympus.

Date: 02/24/07 22:20
Author: DocJohn

The problem was the batteries, not the camera. New Duralcell rechargeables appear to have solved the problem.

John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0342 seconds