Home Open Account Help 307 users online

Railfan Technology > Drop tested my D200!

Date: 03/19/09 22:31
Drop tested my D200!
Author: roustabout

Would you believe the dog knocked my D200 off the counter? On to a hard linoleum (over concrete) floor. It landed on the lens, jammed the lens cap into the protection filter and destroyed it. I had to carefully cut the filter to get it off after prying the lens cap away. But, as far as I can tell - and after a number of test and field shots, the camera and lens work okay!

Date: 03/19/09 22:43
Re: Drop tested my D200!
Author: shastafan

Sure thing, Lou! Blame it on the dog.

Glad it still works, though 8-).

Regards,
John

Date: 03/20/09 08:39
Author: CCT41

Obviously you don't have one of those cheap Nikon "Kit" lenses mounted to that D200. I bought my D200 with the kit lens, and have had to send it back to Nikon numerous times for numerous issues.

Fortunately the F5 is in semi retirement, and my good Nikon 28-70 f2.8 is now the lens of choice on the D200.

Date: 03/20/09 11:12
Author: Frisco1522

I swung my D70 and hit the door frame and knocked a chunk out of the threaded portion of the front of the lens. I swear the damned thing is sharper now than before I whacked it. Go figure.

Date: 03/20/09 22:07
Author: SP8100

shastafan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sure thing, Lou! Blame it on the dog.
>
> Glad it still works, though 8-).
>
> Regards,
> John

Lou & John,

I'm with you on this John.. I think Lou just wants an excuse to go buy another lens now that he is at home next the UP @ Shedd siding!!! :-P Was this before or after you shot #11 with that GEVO at clackamas while waiting for both Coast Starlights???? Inquiring minds want to know.

All fun and games, Louis!!

Regards,
Zachary Hastings

Date: 03/22/09 13:25
Author: akula64

I had that same thing happen to me. My dog left my D50 on top of my car and when he drove off it flew away at 60+ mph. When we found it the lens was gone but after we reattached the battery cover, inserted the battery and attached the extra lens it took perfect pictures. It has worked great for a year since then.

Bruce Hamilton

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0503 seconds