Home Open Account Help 351 users online

Railfan Technology > video cameras

Date: 05/04/09 10:21
video cameras
Author: jcrun0mp7

I'm looking to buy a video camera to play around a bit with shooting railroad video.
From what I've been able to discern a camera with some sort of removable media would be better for the "rough and sometimes tumble" shooting conditions than permanent hard drive.
Remember this is an old man talking feeling more comfortable with something that may be dropped now and again.
thanks

Date: 05/04/09 12:52
Re: video cameras
Author: norm1153

Yes, you've got the right idea. Assuming that your PC or Mac has a card reader, or a spare USB connector, you get nearly instantaneous access to the video files when you're ready to edit them, or whatever.

There are a lot of models available, as I'm sure you know. Canon, Panasonic, JVC, and others. I'd stick with something that uses SD or SDHC cards; Sony uses MemoryStick (spelling?), which has less compatibility with built in card readers.

Date: 05/04/09 17:11
Author: DaveL

My Canon VEXIA HF-100 is all of two weeks old and ALL surprises have been Good Ones.

Put a 32gig memory card in and record up to 4+ hours of full HD video at 1080i resolution.

The AGC on the audio is the BEST I have ever seen.....Loco horns or whistles 30' away do NOT distort.

Feel free to PM me if you need more info.

DaveL......NOT paid by Canon....Grin!!

Date: 05/04/09 21:10
Author: jcrun0mp7

this is a good start .
thanks

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0267 seconds