Home Open Account Help 207 users online

Railfan Technology > Custom DVDs

Date: 07/06/09 14:48
Custom DVDs
Author: 5-String

With the move from VHS to DVD and Internet ordering, I was thinking it would be nice if train DVD sellers had a way for customers to make customized DVDs. Customers could select various desired scenes from an online catalog and either the company could burn and ship the DVD or perhaps the customer could purchase, download and burn the files onto a disk himself.

I'm guessing I'm not the only railfan who is mainly interested in particular locomotives or trackage and would appreciate the ability to order a DVD of exactly what I want. I'm not sure if this idea is practical or not but just wanted to share my thoughts.

Date: 07/06/09 15:21
Re: Custom DVDs
Author: Frisco1522

You know, that ain't a bad idea.......

Date: 07/06/09 15:30
Author: LVFoamer

I have a DVD printer and it would be easy to do. I do it for wedding videos all day. Its just getting the videos and the rights to use them. If anyone wants me to do some custom DVD's just PM me..

Date: 07/11/09 18:49
Author: mkostecky

It's a good idea, but, I think that if you wanted scenes from numerous different videos, that could be a copyright licensing nightmare. and therefor prohibitively expensive. I suspect that that's why no body's done it before.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0319 seconds