Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Railfan Technology > ATCS and Android Phone

Date: 06/29/14 05:59
ATCS and Android Phone
Author: MilwMike

I was wondering if anyone has tried using a cloud service to monitor ATCS off of their Android phone while the program runs at home. If so what cloud program are you using? Where there other programs that you had to download to view the dispatcher screen?

I tried using PocketCloud, which links up with my computer at home but the phone, an Motorola Razr doesn't have anything to display the dispatcher screen.

Just wondering if this is worthy thing pursuing or if I would be better off using my phone as a hotspot and run my laptop off of that to monitor ATCS.

Thanks
MilwMike

Date: 06/29/14 08:06
Re: ATCS and Android Phone
Author: ddavies

Might depend on your data plan. I use a hotspot to run a laptop, data is only 1s and 0s, not a heavy data draw. Refreshing a screen shot every minute or so would be more data, depending on how long you looked at the screen. If you have unlimited data, no problem. ;-)

Date: 06/29/14 14:34
Author: wheel_slip

look into teamviewer... It will allow you to see your "desktop" at home or wherever, and if you leave ATCS open (actually, you can also start it from teamviewer) you can see it on your android device

Andy

Date: 06/29/14 15:16
Author: sd39

I too use TeamViewer.
Works like a dream. I have used it on a Droid and now a Galaxy S5. It is like having the keyboard and screen of your home computer in your hands. What ever the computer at home will do, it can respond from the Android based phone using TeamViewer. And the data exchanged is minimal..

Clarence
SD39

Date: 07/01/14 06:53
Author: MilwMike

Thanks for the replies, I tried TeamViewer, and so far it works really well.

Thanks.

MilwMike

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0266 seconds