Home Open Account Help 279 users online

Railfan Technology > Railpictures.net upload problem

Date: 09/21/14 11:02
Railpictures.net upload problem
Author: Baxtersta

A question about (gasp!) Railpictures. All of a sudden I am unable to get the pulldown menu from the "Photos" button at the top of the Railpictures.net home page. Trying to be resourceful, I attempted to use the "Add Photos" link on the "Members" button. I can enter all the fields but after hitting the Send Information button I get an "Upload Failed" message. I am greatly puzzled and looking for a remedy.
I have approached it several different ways always with the same Failure. I've used an iMac desktop, a MacBook Pro and a Windows laptop -- Failed. I've used both Safari and Firefox -- Failed. And yes the image is sized correctly; that would get a "File Too Large" message anyway, not an upload fail.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Date: 09/21/14 13:10
Re: Railpictures.net upload problem
Author: halfmoonharold

Sounds like they might be having a server problem??? You can google for a website that will ping their server for a check.

Date: 09/22/14 04:14
Author: robj

The photos pull down menu does not work immediately for me, I have to hold for a while and then it does. I can only guess it needs to load menu info, just a quirk as to how it is implemented???.

Not saying they don't have a problem but I have a slow internet connection via a tethered Verizon tablet and when the connection is acting up
my uploads to various sites might fail when they time out.

Bob Jordan

Date: 09/22/14 13:40
Author: 55002

I've noticed you have to click the 'photo' tab on the home page, then on the next page the 'photo' tab has the drop down menu. Chris uk.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0354 seconds