Home Open Account Help 348 users online

Railfan Technology > Canon 70D - Multiple Exposure

Date: 10/10/14 17:28
Canon 70D - Multiple Exposure
Author: gsnyder

Maybe someone on this thread can help or point me to a resolution somewhere on the net. I have a Canon 70D and have tried the multiple exposure settings a couple of times - using both the average and additive settings. In all cases, I get the shots I want but they show up with a very definite green tint (see attached 4 exposure shot of the full moon). I'm almost certain I'm missing a setting somewhere but if anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be great.

Date: 10/10/14 19:53
Re: Canon 70D - Multiple Exposure
Author: wa4umr

I have a Canon, earlier version but I've never tried multiple exposure. Something I need to try. My only suggestion would be using RAW and adjust the white balance on the RAW file. You may be doing that already.

John

Date: 10/11/14 06:14
Author: jkh2cpu

I'm thinking that this is a color balance adjustment issue.

1) HOw is the camera set, color balance wise, when you took this?

2) Does Canon have recommendations for night-time color balance?

I tried to adjust the color balance of this one, but was getting no joy.
As was noted above, a RAW image would be much easier to work with.

The real question would be: how does the camera function on a nice clear day?

John.

Date: 10/11/14 09:56
Author: defect_detector

This is definitely a white balance issue and saturation issue. Either set manually for the wrong preset or somehow the auto white balance goofed.

I also shoot with a 70D and FWIW, have yet to encounter such an issue when shooting.

Care to share the EXIF data, might help shed some light on the issue. The image is definitely salvageable, but being able to see the EXIF would help so you could find out what went wrong so it doesn't happen next time. I attached a quick edit with some adjustments to the whit balance/saturation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/14 10:08 by defect_detector.

Date: 10/11/14 10:17
Author: gsnyder

Might be the white balance setting. I shoot everything in RAW but had the WB setting = AWB. I think I'll fool around with that a bit and see if the problem is solved. Of course, living in Seattle means I may not get a chance at the moon shots again until next summer ;-)

Date: 10/15/14 21:58
Author: Amtrak288

On my 60D, I set my night time white balance to 2500 degrees Kelvin, then tinker with the white balance in Adobe Camera Raw if the result from the camera doesn't exactly match up to what I need.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.036 seconds