Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Railfan Technology > Wireless research grant for high-speed trains.

Date: 11/24/14 11:23
Wireless research grant for high-speed trains.
Author: K3HX

Date: 11/24/14 14:35
Re: Wireless research grant for high-speed trains.
Author: wa4umr

A little QSB, QRM, QRN, throw in some multipath, QRPp, and miles between station. Hey, what can go wrong?

(If you don't understand that, don't worry about it. Just some radio lingo. Tim and some others will understand it.)

John

Date: 11/24/14 15:18
Author: KI6WDX

Perhaps showing a MAD magazine would help those in the dark........................

"What, me worry?"

Date: 11/24/14 19:50
Author: GN_X838

Whats the frequency of that repeater?.........Swede....Albany,Or. ..NA7SL

Date: 11/24/14 21:29
Author: cchan006

FYI, I rented a portable WiFi box ("MiFi") at Narita Airport when I visited Japan in April. Seems I had no problems connecting to the Internet at 3G/4G speeds riding 315 km/h (196 mph) north of Tokyo, specifically between Utsunomiya and Morioka, which is about 520 km (323 miles) in distance. I was able to study online maps, browse through restaurant reviews, and look at Akita Seaside Railway's web site to check its operations. I briefly lost connection through mountainous terrains while riding through the non-HSR 130 km/h segment, but that was the only noticeable problem.

So regardless of this research grant, wireless Internet onboard high speed train is already here.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.03 seconds