Home Open Account Help 277 users online

Railfan Technology > Working with Video TS files

Date: 01/04/15 07:58
Working with Video TS files
Author: Frisco1522

I want to transfer some Video TS files from a DVD to a program to edit it. I still haven't figured out how to do this. I have a couple of video programs, Arcsoft Showbiz and Adobe Premier, neither of which I have ever used.
Haven't been able to import and drag and drop the files. What am I doing wrong?

Date: 01/04/15 13:21
Re: Working with Video TS files
Author: radar

Use file conversion software to get files your editing software works with.

Date: 01/04/15 16:28
Author: norm1153

Dunno what source your DVD came from, but using Adobe Premiere, under File go to Import, navigate to your DVD, and under the folder VIDEO_TS you will see files with a .VOB extension. For example: VTS_01_1.VOB. There will be several if it is a long video, as each VOB file is not over 2 GB is size, and I might be wrong there; maybe only 1 GB in size. In any event, you'll see one or more of those VOB files, click on one to import it, then under your Project tab (usually lower left side), you'll see an icon with the same name. Bring that over onto your timeline, an voila! you're there. Just move along the timeline to see where you are in the Sequence window. If there is more than one VOB file(usually the case), then you will have to repeat this for each one until you find the scene you are looking for.

Date: 01/05/15 11:11
Author: Frisco1522

Thanks Norm, just tried that, but Adobe said file not supported. Making me crazy.

Date: 01/05/15 22:56
Author: cchan006

Frisco1522 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Norm, just tried that, but Adobe said file
> not supported. Making me crazy.

Videos stored on DVDs are either in MPEG-2 or MPEG-1 format. MPEG-1 DVDs are rather rare, but I got one, so I know they exist. Due to licensing issues, many video editors have MPEG-2 editing disabled, unless you obtain (usually by purchase) additional software modules to do so.

Some newer versions of video editors have MPEG-2 support enabled, the price of the software covering any licensing fees.

The other well-known issue with videos extracted from DVDs is CSS. I'm deliberately NOT mentioning what it stands for. If this is the case, a legal workaround to allow editing of the VOB files is tricky at best.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/15 22:58 by cchan006.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0415 seconds