Home Open Account Help 230 users online

Railfan Technology > Price cut on Canon lenses.

Date: 04/14/15 07:02
Price cut on Canon lenses.
Author: K3HX

Date: 04/14/15 16:09
Re: Price cut on Canon lenses.
Author: RyanWilkerson

I've always wondered how the volume of sales are affected by the near-double price jumps when a lens has been replaced with a new version. I don't need any new lenses but I'd like to upgrade in the future so it's good to see the prices being adjusted.

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 04/17/15 18:27
Author: DRGWTennPass

Im sorry but $100 on a $2000 lens is hardly a price cut.

Date: 04/18/15 11:30
Author: the_expediter

5%...Just think how cell phone cameras have replaced people buying regular digital cameras, either pocket size or fancy digital 35mm...Steve

Date: 04/20/15 18:19
Author: ChooChooDennis

Cell phones have largely replaced point & shoot and other causal cameras. And why not? It's the camera that is always with you. 
Phone makers are doing their level best to market the camera aspect of the phones becuase they have nothing else to push in the phone market right now.
With careful handling, the best phone camera's are as much quality most people would ever want.
The only reason to go with a dedicated camera is image quality, feaures and ergonomics. You wills see that in conventional DSLR's like Canon 5D Mark III, Nikon 750 and their high quality lenses. What is up and coming is mirrorless cameras like the Sony a7s a 400,000 ISO camera.

Dennis Livesey
New York, NY

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0392 seconds