Home Open Account Help 195 users online

Railfan Technology > Lost photos.

Date: 09/29/15 10:38
Lost photos.
Author: Latebeans

I have a Sony Handycam CX580.  On a recent trip and the camera said something to the effect that memory was.  I switched the camera to external memory and everything seemed to be fine.  However, now I seem to have lost all of my photos taken before the switch.  I appreciate hearing from anyone that might have an insight into this.  Thanks

Wayne

Date: 09/29/15 16:31
Re: Lost photos.
Author: ChooChooDennis

I would attempt downloading the images to a computer if you have not done so.

If successful make sure to format the internal memory before using it again, if fomating is possible.

If you you cannot download to a computer,  I would find a camera repair store and have them try to get the images.

Dennis Livesey
New York, NY

Date: 09/30/15 04:40
Author: Ray_Murphy

Often the directory is is where some inadvertent change has taken place, but the data (image) files themselves remain unchanged until over-written. Have someone with the right equipment copy out and analyze the memory.

Ray     

Date: 09/30/15 08:33
Author: typebangin

"Memory was...?"  The original post seems to be missing a word.

If it was simply full and you switched to the (external) memory card, it could be as simple as switching back to the internal memory.  Based on my experince, with some Sony camcorders you can't see the built-in memory files in playback when the camcorder is set to external memory recording (and vice versa).  Not sure if this is the problem, but it's much easier than dealing with corrupted or damaged internal memory as the 2 posts above assume.

If you set the camcorder to record to the internal memory, can you see the older files?

-James
http://www.steamtrainvideos.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0381 seconds