Home Open Account Help 278 users online

Railfan Technology > How to get video from Sa,sumg Galaxy S4 to TO.com

Date: 10/17/15 11:05
How to get video from Sa,sumg Galaxy S4 to TO.com
Author: DocJohn

I was in the right place at the right time this morning, but with wrong equipment when NS Train 246 (Triple Crwon) went through Bolingbroke, GA (Griffin District).  Only thing I had was my Samsung Galaxy S4 cell phone.  So I have what I think is a passable video, but how do I get from cell phone to TO.com.  Have plenty of PC equipment (Ubuntu OS, but cal also do Win XP or Win 10), but what do I need to do.  Cell phone has microSD card so I could always use that, but not sure if cell phone put video on SD card.

Thank you,

John

Date: 10/17/15 13:14
Re: How to get video from Sa,sumg Galaxy S4 to TO.com
Author: jkh2cpu

E-mail it to yourself, edit as necessary, and post to TO.

John.

Date: 10/17/15 17:35
Author: norm1153

jkh2cpu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> E-mail it to yourself, edit as necessary, and post
> to TO.
>
> John.
That's a good answer.  But it might pay to search the phone itself. There shoudl be an "app" function that shows you were everything is.  You may have to get a freebie from the app store.  You'd want one that can search folders and files themselves.  But really, that ability should already be in the phone.  You may even be able to change the default storage location in the phone itself.  If those possibilities arise, then you can just use an SD adaptor to put the little Micro SD card into, and plug that into your card reader, and you're good to go.   

Yet another, very likely possibility is to just plug the phone into a USB port on your PC.  Then you should be able to see all the folders and files in the whole phone. Windows 7 or 10 would work using Windows Explorer.  Most smartphones detect when they are plugged into a PC via the USB port, and may even pop up a message to let you acknowledge this.  You'll need an adaptor cable, but I bet one came with the smartphone. If not, you will need to determine if the phone side plug is Micro USB or Mini USB; there's a difference. 

Date: 10/18/15 07:19

After much difficulty, I was able to get MP4 file on PC with Win 10 Pro 64, downloaded moviemaker and somehow got the attached file to look halfway decent.  Some helpful critique would be appreciated.

Thank you,

John

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/18/15 08:30
Author: jkh2cpu

I don't know how you will improve on a cell phone :-)
You must have rock steady hands!

John.

Date: 10/18/15 08:51

Thank you.

Microsoft Movie Maker has an anti-shake adjustment.

John

Date: 10/18/15 09:12
Author: Mike_B

Good video. I get a strong urge to follow the locomotives when shooting, I like how you stayed with the train. Yes, the squealing tires made me flinch too!

Date: 10/18/15 10:26
Author: cchan006

DocJohn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> After much difficulty, I was able to get MP4 file
> on PC with Win 10 Pro 64, downloaded moviemaker
> and somehow got the attached file to look halfway
> decent.  Some helpful critique would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
>
> John

Nice video of the RoadRailers in action!

Good job with sending it through MovieMaker, where you posted it on TO with a reasonable bandwidth (3 Mbps) with quality preserved. Some people post videos straight from their device, and they are unwatchable unless they are downloaded, due to the bandwidth being too high for the browser-based video player to handle, and you didn't make that mistake.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.045 seconds