Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Railfan Technology > Apple Numbers Font Question

Date: 11/28/15 21:43
Apple Numbers Font Question
Author: OCVarnes

When opening an Apple Numbers spreadsheet, the spreadsheet opens corretly, and this message appears "The font.AppleUISystenFont is missing. Your text might look Different."

As far as I can determine the Apple font book needs to be restored. I haven't found any place that explains how to accomplish this.

Any suggestions?

OCV

Date: 11/29/15 08:12
Re: Apple Numbers Font Question
Author: Thumper

I have found as a dedicated Macintosh computer user that the statement
makes no difference either way. I continue to use their spreadsheet
without difficulties.

As to the location of the missing font, perhaps ask at apple.com
under their support communities.
It is free, and you may well
assist somebody else who is scratching their heads, wondering.

Date: 11/29/15 09:45
Author: trainjunkie

Sounds like the application is looking for a system font that is missing. These are not managed by Font Book. I don't know which OS you are running but you can look up the list of system-level fonts provided with each version of OS X and compare them to what you have. Here is the list for Mavericks.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201375

More about font locations here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201722

Date: 12/01/15 20:20

Thank you for your helpful replies.

We were away visiting relatives for Thanksgiving. Now that we are home I shall be able to see about restoring the missing font.

Charles

Date: 12/01/15 21:01
Author: clem

Did it really say "AppleUISystenFont" - with the misspelling?

Date: 12/02/15 00:13
Author: cchan006

clem Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did it really say "AppleUISystenFont" - with the
> misspelling?

Should be Apple UI System Font.

I did a little research and found the difference between a mere System Font and a System UI Font. UI = User Interface, and System UI Font is the font native to your operating system. For example, Microsoft Windows uses a System UI Font named Segoe. Apple has changed their System UI Font over the years, and recently, they changed it from Helvetica Neue to San Francisco for iOS 9 and Mac OS X 10.11.

Did the OP recently upgrade from Mac OS X 10.10 or older to 10.11? Numbers was probably installed with the previous Mac OS X, so it doesn't know how to elegantly access the System UI font of the upgraded operating system. That's my wild guess as to what happened. I found a similar problem mentioned in Apple Support forums (dated October 22, 2015), but no experts have answered with a solution yet.

Things are moving too fast and changing too quickly in the technology world!

Date: 12/02/15 13:10

"Systen" is my typo. "System" is correct.

Thanks for catching it.

OCV

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1941 seconds