Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Railfan Technology > Go Pro Hero 4 question

Date: 02/10/16 14:47
Go Pro Hero 4 question
Author: VFPNSFAN

I've used my sons new go pro to shoot a few trains.  The files are very large.  Is there a way to compress and post to TO without crashing the servers?  TIA

Date: 02/10/16 16:42
Re: Go Pro Hero 4 question
Author: wa4umr

Many, or most of the photo editing programs will have some form of option for reducing the file size.  You might want to reduce it to a 5x7 (or similar) format.  Some have options to reduce the photo quality.  While you have it in in an editor, go ahad and crop any distractions on the edges.  A 5MB file for instance is overkill for the internet but may be useful for a larger print.  Even the windows "Paint" editor has a resize function.  Select your photo, select resize, the choose how much to reduce it.  Save it WITH ANOTHER NAME so that you don't destroy the original file.  As a matter of fact you probably should copy it to a new name or folder before you do anything else to it.  Once you reduce it you can't expand the file back to the original.

John

Date: 02/10/16 16:45
Author: VFPNSFAN

Thanks John.  Is the same true with video?  Is there one that works better than another for go pro?

Date: 02/18/16 09:36
Author: train976

I have used two programs for years now, to reduce files.  Both are available as a safe download.
For still pics, I used Mihov Image Resizer (just google it), as it will not only downsize, but change extensions between the various formats plus other mods. A very simple programs, nothing fancy.
For video, I use Handbrake Video to reduce video file sizes.  A little more complicated but allows for many alterations etc.
Cheers
Train 976

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0296 seconds