Home Open Account Help 279 users online

Railfan Technology > Coral Video Pro X7 problem

Date: 03/15/16 20:27
Coral Video Pro X7 problem
Author: Benched_it

I use Coral Video Pro X7 once in a while, mainly to add music to
some of my videos. I used it about four months ago and it worked fine.
I went to use it tonight and got the error message shown in the screen
shot. It reads "Coral VideoStudio has stopped working Windows is checking
for a solution to the problem..." This happens as soon as I click on the icon, it
never even opens up. I Googled, Youtubed, etc hoping for an answer but didn't
find anything that looked promising. I planned to uninstall and reinstall Coral but
since I have no idea where the software is that's on hold for now. I was curious if
 anyone else has experienced this problem and if so what you did to fix it if it can
even be fixed? Thanks!

Jay

Date: 03/15/16 23:07
Re: Coral Video Pro X7 problem
Author: cchan006

I'm assuming you've tried to open the Corel Video Pro X7 multiple times, and got this problem every time? (Good idea to explain that when you're asking for technical help, whether here on TO or elsewhere)

Memory leaks and other operating system issues can cause a previously working software to stop working, even if temporarily. Developers usually have access to tools that'll clean up system memory, but since most of us don't have those tools, I'd reboot the system and try again, if this is the first and only time you've encountered this problem.

Don't uninstall or reinstall just yet.  Something you installed in the past 4 months might be conflicting with the Corel Software. Uninstall/reinstall will be a waste of time if that's the case. That includes "security" updates from Microsoft!

Date: 03/16/16 11:09
Re: Coral Video Pro X7 problem
Author: Benched_it

I did try several times, I should have said that. It's also Windows Vista,
something else I forgot. I did the reboot thing with no luck. I guess I'll
try it again later and hope for the best? Many thanks for your help, I
appreciate it!

Jay

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0706 seconds