Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Railfan Technology > Uniden BC125AT

Date: 05/12/16 21:58
Uniden BC125AT
Author: Valleyman

Anyone use the Uniden BC125AT scanner? How good a range does it have and how does it compare to the Regency 1500 scanner I now use?

Thanks, Valleyman

Date: 05/13/16 16:23
Re: Uniden BC125AT
Author: mojaveflyer

I recently bought one and I am very happy with it's performance. I use a Diamond RH-77 antenna and this antenna greatly adds to the performance of this radio. The radio has good sensitivity and the audio is adequate for most uses. I bought one at Amazon.com for less than $100. I use mine for both railroad and aircraft monitoring. It covers the military aircraft band so it's perfect for airshows with the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds...

F-16 turning final at Buckley AFB in southeast Denver area...

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 05/15/16 06:25
Author: NKP715

I purchased a BC125AT several years back, after my HX1000
"brick" failed.  Performance poor compared to the HX, but after
putting the the HX's rubber ducky antenna on it, pretty good.

Subsequently purchased a Yaesu FT-270, which is much better
than the BC;  use a  Diamond SRH77CA antenna on the Yaesu.

Prefer the Yaesu, but will use the BC when I don't feel like
having the longer antenna on me.

Bottom Line - similar to prior post.  the 125AT is a good radio,
but the antenna that comes with it needs to be replaced.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/16 06:31 by NKP715.

Date: 05/15/16 15:27
Author: WrongMain

I've had my BC125AT for about a month now.  Got it at Amazon for less than $100, and I feel that it's money well spent.  It's compact, but has a nice large display.  It uses only two AA batteries instead of four as in my previous scanner.  Having 500 channels with 10 banks of 50 channels each is a real plus.  Also, it does narrow band.  It's not hard to program, either.  I can't say any thing negative about it.  It does a good job of picking up the transmissions in my area, which is Northwest Indiana.  I can even get the BRC dispatcher and Clearing Yard, which are up in Chicago.  It passed a good field test when I was out with a fellow railfan, who had a scanner with a tuned antenna.  I was getting transmissions that he could not.  After this trip, he said he was switching over to the Bearcat.  Like the other people who commented on this subject, I don't use the rubber ducky that came with the scanner, though that seemed OK.  I have a cheap telescoping Radio Shack antenna that I've used for years, and it works well.  I might break down and get a better antenna.  The scanner has a BNC connection, so changing the antenna is a snap.  Final word is yes, I'm glad I got the BC125AT, and I would buy it again if I needed to replace it.

Date: 05/15/16 18:51
Author: Valleyman

Thanks for the great information and testimonial.

George

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.039 seconds