Home Open Account Help 318 users online

Railfan Technology > Memory Stick Problem

Date: 05/11/16 08:04
Memory Stick Problem
Author: RDG630

I have a memory stick that has worked fine in the past but now will not go into a USB port on my PC or my laptop. Any solution to that?

Date: 05/11/16 12:29
Re: Memory Stick Problem
Author: BRAtkinson

Like CF card slots and SD slots, USB devices have pins - flat brass tabs, actually - that have most likely become bent.  Unless there is some absolutely irreplaceable data or images on the device, throw it out immediately!  You may have also damaged the USB slots on whatever you pushed that into.

If you absolutly have to get the data or pictures, buy a cheap USB 'extension cord' (male on one end, female on the other), and very carefully cut open the female end to expose the mating tabs.  Deform them as needed to work with your damaged USB device.

If it's either micro-USB (power cords for cell phones, commonly), or mini-USB (camera connectors, mostly), I think you are out of luck due to size issues. 

Date: 05/11/16 17:22
Author: RDG630

thank you

Date: 05/11/16 18:03
Author: fbe

Look down inside the stick connection to see if there is a piece of plastic, metal or gravel wedged inside there you might get put with a demtal pick.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0256 seconds