Home Open Account Help 343 users online

Railfan Technology > 7 Hidden iPhone Camera Features [VIDEO]

Date: 07/10/16 13:06
7 Hidden iPhone Camera Features [VIDEO]
Author: millerdc

Many of you carry around an iPhone and often when something interesting happens it is the only camera available.  iPhone photos will probably never equal some the fantastic rail photographers on Train Orders, but for the majority of us the iPhone is a practical way to photograph rail scenes and action.  Click on this video.- you won't regret it.. .. Even if you do not have the latest, there is some great info about how to use the "hidden" features that are right under your eyes to get much better photos.  
7 Hidden iPhone Camera Features

Date: 07/10/16 23:22
Re: 7 Hidden iPhone Camera Features [VIDEO]
Author: RyanWilkerson

I watched it and leard a couple new things. Locking the exposure by pressing for an extended time will do that. Other useful one was the press and hold on the "shutter" button to tak e a burst of photos. Might come in handy with fast moving trains. Thanks for sharing.

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 07/11/16 20:09
Author: tinytrains

There is a camera app called Camera+ that makes all those controls much more obvious.

Scott Schifer
Torrance, CA
TinyTrains Website

Date: 07/11/16 21:29
Author: trainjunkie

tinytrains Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is a camera app called Camera+ that makes
> all those controls much more obvious.

Agreed. Great app.

The video above might be helpful to some but all of those 7 features could have been explained in 7 minutes, rather than 32 minutes.

Date: 07/13/16 12:18
Author: jst3751

trainjunkie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The video above might be helpful to some but all
> of those 7 features could have been explained in 7
> minutes, rather than 32 minutes.

It seems the average how-to video on YouTube posted by an amater is about 75% longer than it really needs to be.

Date: 07/18/16 19:34
Author: CimaScrambler

I always carry my pocket point-n-shoot anyway.  Gives better control than the iPhone, easier to download images, avoids draining the phone battery.

Kit Courter
Menefee, CA
LunarLight Photography

Date: 07/19/16 07:47
Author: engrbill47

What about non-Iphone users? You know, Apple  free smart phones? Any tips? My Canon Rebel XT is to attractive (to thieves) to carry with me in my car (except when seriously foaming).

William Jeffers, P.E.
San Dimas, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0544 seconds