Home Open Account Help 362 users online

Railfan Technology > Canon 5D MKIII on sale at Amazon.com

Date: 07/18/16 16:31
Canon 5D MKIII on sale at Amazon.com
Author: K3HX

Got an e-mail from a friend who mentions the Canon 5D MKIII at  $200 off the body.
Be Well,

Tim Colbert  K3HX

Date: 07/18/16 19:25
Re: Canon 5D MKIII on sale at Amazon.com
Author: NormSchultze

That means that the Mk IV is in production. Photokina is in Sept. It will be announced then. Christmas present for those of us with G.A.S.

Date: 07/18/16 22:48
Author: wa4umr

Good to know but still slightly steep for my pocket book.  B and H shows them with the $200 "instant savings" but still $2599.  I suspect that includes free shipping.  Half the lenses I have are for cropped format bodies and I'd have to spend even more for glass.

73's  John

Date: 07/19/16 17:27
Author: ChooChooDennis

It depends on how important a camera is for you and how flush you are.
If you need low light and the finest image quality possible without paying the price of a automobile, you get full frame cameras and match them with full frame lenses.
It would be idioitic to get a full frame camera and not have lenses that can exploit the sensor's potiential.
A APS-C camera with good lenses will do 95% of what a railran needs. 
Only if you are a serious nut and must have the highest image quality possible, then you spend your money on full frame camera's and L lenses.

Dennis Livesey
New York, NY

Date: 07/22/16 10:55
Author: Mgoldman

NormSchultze Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That means that the Mk IV is in production.
> Photokina is in Sept. It will be announced then.
> Christmas present for those of us with G.A.S.

The Mark IV will be announced on August 25th:

http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-eos-5d-mark-iv-to-be-announced-august-25-2016-cr3/

/Mitch

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0381 seconds