Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Railfan Technology > Postin pics from IPAD?

Date: 08/13/16 21:03
Postin pics from IPAD?
Author: Steel_Rails

I have an iPad and was wondering if it's possible to post pics from it?  I tried and it said the format wasn't right etc etc....
I also have a MacBook Pro but didn't try posting from that yet.  Any info would be appreciated 
thanks

Patrick 

Date: 08/13/16 22:23
Re: Postin pics from IPAD?
Author: ChrisCampi

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?9,4074122

I just tried the latest IOS and still nothing.

Date: 08/15/16 20:24
Author: ATSF2324

We (Apple folks) still can't post from our devices.  I'm frequently away from our home computer and can't post photos from our travels.
   TO, I've been with you for a long time....   Please fix this issue...

Retired and travels taking photos all over of our hobby.  Just waiting to post some photos, someday....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/16 20:26 by spmt19.

Date: 08/15/16 20:57
Author: Steel_Rails

Wow!!!  👎👎👎 <-------that's 3 ( not the standard 2 ) thumbs down to the runner's of TO.... ( Assuming you can't post pics from Apple products, if I'm wrong i'll happily change it to 👍👍👍👍👍👍💰💰💰💰💰)

Really user's can NOT post pics from Apple products????

After posting the thread on how to throw up pics from my iPad, I just assumed it'd be a matter of time before one of my fellow train pimp's responded with how it's done.   But from what I just read it sounds like it's not an option.  And as of now the thread has had 177 views so I'm starting to think it's probably true and can't be done.......

How can that be possible that in the year 2016 a user can't post photos using either an iPhone, iPad or MacBook??  I've got some solid gold in train pics but evidently my Apple products are to nice and easy to use so can't use here.   
Hope that's not the case.  Cause that'd be real 💩💩💩💩💩TY 😉😉

**DISCLAIMER**😳😳     If it is true that TO doesn't have the format for Apple users to post pics there must be a reason.  Regardless I still will continue to subscribe like I have for years cause I think this website is the 💩!   

Baba Booey Baba Booey!!!

Peace and Love Peace and Love 

Date: 08/15/16 21:06
Author: cchan006

Steel_Rails Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How can that be possible that in the year 2016 a
> user can't post photos using either an iPhone,
> iPad or MacBook??  I've got some solid gold in
> train pics but evidently my Apple products are to
> nice and easy to use so can't use here.   
> Hope that's not the case.  Cause that'd be real
> 💩💩💩💩💩TY 😉😉

I post photos and videos from my MacBook all the time. (I also use Windows) Mac OS X seems to be OK. I think the limitation is from iOS, the operating system running on iPhones and iPads. I wasn't going to comment, but it's better to stop the wildfire before it spreads, you know?

Date: 08/15/16 21:40
Author: trainjunkie

Same here, as I've stated on this topic previously. No issue with a Mac running OS X. It's an iOS thing since 8.

Date: 08/16/16 10:39
Author: Larry020

I can post pictures from my iPhone six plus.  Search author Larry020.  They are all taken with my iPhone and posted with my iPhone.  

Larry

Date: 08/16/16 12:02
Author: march_hare

Quite a few of my photo posts come from my iPad.  never had a problem.

Date: 08/16/16 21:41
Author: trainjunkie

Well, I just tried to post a photo from my iPhone 5S running iOS 9.3.4 and the full desktop version of the site and I got the same "file format unsupported" error message. Not sure how others are getting this to work. Not the end of the world for me since I do all my photo editing on my MacBook Pro but it is a bit annoying when you want to post something timely from the field. 

Date: 08/18/16 21:25
Author: atsf121

I used to be able to post from an iOS device, but I think something changed in version 8 or 9 of the platform and that's screwing us up.  

Nathan

Date: 08/30/16 15:00
Author: gsnyder

It's possible to post pics from an IOS device using a work around. Evidently, IOS stores pictures with a .JPEG extension, not a .JPG extension. You can copy your pictures to some other location (e.g. Google Drive) and change the extension to.JPG (see attached picture).  Video appears to be 'uploadable' as is.  The message that pops up when trying to post pictures directly from photos on the device is a TO message, not anything related to IOS.

Seems to me that it should be easy enough to allow .JPEG extension attachments, but you never know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/16 16:40 by gsnyder.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/05/16 14:50
Author: howeld

It is possible to post photos from an iPhone.  I have taken a photo (NKP765 off the rails) with my phone and posted it.  Nothing fancy, just have to change forum options to turn off moble template.  It is a pain but it is possible.  I assume an IPAD would be the same but I don't have one so I don't know for sure.  

I've shot video with my phone and posted them as well.
http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,3964803,3965977#msg-3965977

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/16 14:55 by howeld.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0638 seconds