Home Open Account Help 327 users online

Railfan Technology > Hope I made the right purchase

Date: 08/19/16 16:27
Hope I made the right purchase
Author: ns2557

Just bought the Wolverine Mighty 20MP film to digital converter. Since the better part of my collection is 35MM Slides and negs I thought this may perhaps be a good one to at least try and scan the collection. I do have quite a few larger negs and a few slides, but this being 35mm and even 110 size capable, I thought, not bad. Reading some reviews both here on TO and elsewhere, I sure hope it turns out good.  Got one off Amazon for 119.00. Can't really afford one of the "Flat Bed" type scanners for the most part, but if this is as good as I have read in reviews, perhaps I won't need to. But then again, there's those 120/620 size negs and slides to deal with.  Have any of you had any bad expierience with this one yet?  I have probably close to 15,000 images to scan from over the years.  Thanks for any feedback.  Ben

Date: 08/19/16 18:04
Re: Hope I made the right purchase
Author: Auburn_Ed

I am very happy with mine, though everything I have is 35mm.  One thing.  It seems very sensative to RGB settings.  Some scans were so heavy with one shade that I couldn't correct it in post-processing.  Take extra time at first to experiment with the RGB settings.

Ed

Date: 08/20/16 18:43
Author: MartyBernard

Here's my philosophy, for what it's worth.  To get those 15,000 images you spent tens of thousands of dollars on film, processing, cameras, gasoline, mileage on vehicles, motel rooms, meals on the road, etc. Now you want to electronically preserve them.  Don't go with a cheap scanner.  Go quality worthy of your investment in those 15,000 images.

Marty Bernard

Date: 08/28/16 19:07
Author: DevalDragon

What scanner did you find worthy for your collection?

MartyBernard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's my philosophy, for what it's worth.  To
> get those 15,000 images you spent tens of
> thousands of dollars on film, processing, cameras,
> gasoline, mileage on vehicles, motel rooms, meals
> on the road, etc. Now you want to electronically
> preserve them.  Don't go with a cheap scanner. 
> Go quality worthy of your investment in those
> 15,000 images.
>
> Marty Bernard

Date: 08/28/16 20:41
Author: MartyBernard

What my research determined was the best -- a Nikon Super Coolscan000 ED.

Marty

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0395 seconds