Home Open Account Help 223 users online

Railfan Technology > How did my videos posted on TO end up on YouTube?

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 05/31/17 00:39
How did my videos posted on TO end up on YouTube?
Author: RailRat

Wasn't sure which category to put this, so here goes... Just accidentally found several of my UP Steam Videos, only posted to TO, are now also on a YouTube channel or page called "Steam Railroad Series #---, Rail Videos Mania. Is that automatically done? or does someone at YouTube grab off the internet??

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/17 00:40 by Boomer92.

Date: 05/31/17 00:58
Re: How did my videos posted on TO end up on YouTube?
Author: dan

someone has been copying a lot of videos last 7 months, must not be working , with that much copying..

maybe a child?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/17 21:36 by dan.

Date: 05/31/17 05:38
Author: stormhighway

Unfortunately these "pirate" channels are a reality of Youtube. These thieves steal videos from everywhere and anywhere, including other Youtube channels, so that they can earn revenue from the ads that run on them.

You can file a DMCA takedown if you find one of your videos on there, Youtube will remove it:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2807622

Date: 05/31/17 13:22
Author: BRAtkinson

Stealing images and videos from others' sites is far more common that I ever thought it was.

Over on various photography boards on which I participate, there are numerous instances reported of wedding photographers stealing photos of other wedding photographers as a means to drum up business. Sports photographers, travel photographers, and even landscape photographers also have reported the same problems. I never thought about stealing videos, but it's the thieves out there that will do anything to make a buck and/or improve their public 'image'.

Date: 05/31/17 13:59
Author: CA_Sou_MA_Agent

My attitude is, if you're going to put it on the Internet, don't be surprised if it becomes stolen or that you lose "control" of it.

The solution is simple enough.

It also seems that "fair use" rules and law are constantly being reinterpreted by thousands of people.

Date: 05/31/17 20:27
Author: webmaster

I am going to work on the removal requests through Youtube and yank the member.

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

Date: 05/31/17 23:24
Author: RyanWilkerson

webmaster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am going to work on the removal requests through
> Youtube and yank the member.

Thank you for making the effort Todd!

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 06/01/17 01:23

webmaster Wrote:
> I am going to work on the removal requests through
> Youtube and yank the member.

Yes ditto, Thanks Todd, and every one else too! You guys certainly have more know how than I do about this Web stuff. I was thinking about adding watermarks to my videos, but converting and posting takes up what little time I do have anyway, let alone hunting down all my lifted ones and filing a complaint. Plus BTW no blame intended here to T.O.!!. I did create my own YouTube channel a few years ago, but it's still sitting dormant without any of my personal videos.

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Date: 06/01/17 05:03

One detail I forgot to mention, is that the text from original message with video, posed on TO, is also copied word for word, along with "Trainorders.com" water mark. Don't even get me started about the sham phone call I got from "Microsoft" a few days ago, plus the sham cragslist text I got from my Craigslist ads!!!..Duhhhough!

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/17 05:06 by Boomer92.

Date: 06/01/17 07:25
Author: RHicks

Looking at the YouTube channel looks like a lot of videos were taken from TO.

Date: 06/01/17 18:14
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Thanks Todd!  Appreciate your efforts. Correct me if I am wrong, only TO members can download the videos right?  If that is the case, that is overall wrong and shocked that a TO member would steal like that...

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Date: 06/01/17 19:29

Wow!  I see videos that I have posted on the channel as well.  Sad.  : ( 

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ

Date: 06/01/17 20:47
Author: webmaster

I went ahead and filled out the form with Youtube this evening and put a handful of videos on it. I will do some more throughout the weekend as my time allows. Feel free to do it for your own videos if you are up to it. In time Youtube will shutdown the guy's account if enough complaints are made.

We suspended the member's account. Yes, only members can download videos. We had trouble with this guy before and shut him down then. I guess he came back.

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

Date: 06/01/17 21:20

Thanks again Todd.   I will work on some of my videos this weekend as well to send to youtube.   I saw some of the comments and I was shocked when I read this....

"
****NOT MY VIDEO****
Video courtesy of Christina R, posted WITH PERMISSION
Mesa, AZ

"

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ

Date: 06/02/17 06:00
Author: Frisco1522

Today's world: So many aholes, so little time.

Date: 06/02/17 07:35

RailFanAZ Wrote:
> Thanks Todd!  Appreciate your efforts. Correct me
> if I am wrong, only TO members can download the
> videos right?  If that is the case, that is
> overall wrong and shocked that a TO member would
> steal like that...

Good point! I dint think of that. I had to give my brother a gift subscription to my brother just so he could see my videos here on TO.

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Date: 06/02/17 19:52
Author: wigwag

This is EXACTLY why I'm hesitant to post any of my videos on TO. I have a wealth of movie film/old videos I could share but don't strictly on the basis anyone could steal them and claim credit for them.

Date: 06/03/17 04:09

webmaster Wrote:
> I went ahead and filled out the form with Youtube
> this evening and put a handful of videos on it. I
> will do some more throughout the weekend as my
> time allows. Feel free to do it for your own
> videos if you are up to it. In time Youtube will
> shutdown the guy's account if enough complaints
> are made.
>
> We suspended the member's account. Yes, only
> members can download videos. We had trouble with
> this guy before and shut him down then. I guess he
> came back.
Just took the time to submit the Take down claim form to YouTube, using 3 title examples from each of the 3 main title years, of many within those years, I have posted here on TO, Like UP 844 and 3985 WB,1991,....UP 3985 WB,1992 and UP 3985 NB, 1993..there are so many, didn't have time to list them all on the form, but will if they ask me! Hope they get the general Idea of my original video title naming format and find more of the same! I only really started posting my videos the past year or less, lord knows what else this guy has "pirated" from longer term TO members postings. I really didn't see anything on the claim form in detail about text included with copied video that may have also been directly copied over also???

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/17 04:11 by Boomer92.

Date: 06/03/17 16:01
Author: norm1153

If this guy copied/copies the text verbatim, I guess there isn't any recourse for that (unfortunately)?

Date: 06/03/17 22:58
Author: cchan006

Frisco1522 Wrote:
> Today's world: So many aholes, so little time.

A Harvard student back in 2003 created "Facemash" where he "scraped" through web pages of fellow students to obtain photos, filtered the results to show only female students, then shared the results to a few of his friends to "rank" the girls. Once his "Facemash" page "leaked" to other students, it became wildly popular, and the Harvard student (named Mark Zuckerberg) got in trouble with the Administrative Board for security breach, copyright violation, and invasion of privacy.

That in itself might not be a big deal. However, in today's world, you really can't teach young people about ethics and morals when Mr. Zuckerberg runs a multi-billion dollar empire and is worshipped by many as a "success story." So (sarcastically), who cares if a few clips of videos are stolen from a train web site?

I had a YouTube user steal my 4449 clip when I visited Portland in the snow several years ago. A good samaritan user informed me of the theft, so I filed a complaint with YouTube, but left it at that. I had also posted a similar video here on TO, but fortunately, he "stole" from my YouTube account.

I've seen "stealing" of my photos and videos from people who should know better, but that's really a very small exception. I'm usually contacted first for permission before that happens. Anyway, much appreciation to Todd (webmaster) for taking action, even if this incident might not involve my stuff.

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0953 seconds