Home Open Account Help 395 users online

Railfan Technology > IPhone7

Date: 06/02/17 06:10
IPhone7
Author: PALuvR

How do I download pictures from my iPhone 7 to post on TrainOrders? Thanks.

Mike

Date: 06/04/17 15:05
Re: IPhone7
Author: lanewsman

I'm sorry to see that no one has offered to help you. Yours is a question I have seen here before with earlier versions of the iPhone. Although I have had an iPhone for many years, I've always used DSLRs for rail photography so I can't help. Are you near an Apple Store? I'm certain that someone at the Genius Bar can tell you how to upload a jpeg file to TO. Good luck.

Date: 06/04/17 15:30
Author: fbe

Search this forum, the question has been asked multiple times, the answer seems to be, "No, not on iPhones."

Date: 06/04/17 17:23
Author: trainjunkie

The likely reason nobody has answered is because the question is light on details. Download to what? A Mac or Windows PC, or something else. Or do you mean "upload", as in "post images to TO directly from your phone"?

Date: 06/04/17 17:56
Author: wa4umr

Since no one has posted an answer, Ill give it a try. I don't upload from my i-Phone so I don't have personal experience. This has come up on Trainorders in the past. It seems that the i-Phone saves the files with the "JPEG" extension and Trainorders only accepts JPG extensions. The only way around it is to upload to your PC and run it through Paint or some photo editor and just save it with the JPG extension. It kind of defeats the ability to take a picture while out and about and then being able to post it right away but that's just the way it is.

Hope this is accurate and that it's helpful.

John

Date: 06/05/17 05:58
Author: 55002

Decided to give a go from my iPhone SE but don't get an option to add a photo.
However, the attached photo was taken by the iphone, but had to download it onto my desktop prior to uploading.

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/17 06:04 by 55002.

Date: 06/14/17 15:44
Author: MojaveBill

Just email the pic to your PC and go from there. Works for me!

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 06/19/17 15:20
Author: howeld

It can be done.

Go to forum options.
Where it says: use mobile template - choose No

Then there will now be an option to add a photo just like when you are on a desktop computer.

I have attached a photo taken with my iPhone at Golden Spike National Monument and posted it with just my iphone.

Date: 06/19/17 15:33
Author: howeld

Video can also be posted.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0452 seconds