Home Open Account Help 381 users online

Railfan Technology > Run8 version 2

Date: 08/04/17 08:57
Run8 version 2
Author: jmj3293

I don't know if this is the right forum for this question so don't blow up on me please. Does anyone out there use Run 8 Version 2? I have had it for six months and not a single issue. I just got the latest route and it now crashes when loading. It's worthless to me now but I can not uninstall it or reinstall it either. Any help would be great. I'm not a computer guy so make it simple lol

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/04/17 09:01
Re: Run8 version 2
Author: goneon66

been using it from the start of V1. go to the depotserver.com and ask any questions on their fourm. there are a LOT of friendly and helpful people to assist you there......

Date: 08/05/17 08:47
Author: ironmtn

goneon66 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> been using it from the start of V1. go to the
> depotserver.com and ask any questions on their
> forum. there are a LOT of friendly and helpful
> people to assist you there......
>
> 66

I'm also a longtime user from the start of V1. When you say the "latest route", I'm assuming you mean the BNSF ex-ATSF Seligman Sub that was recently issued. It has run just fine for me to date.

For any new route, be sure that you follow the guidance that Run 8 Studios gives and download and save the route completely on your computer, and then install only from the downloaded, saved file. Hope you did so. Not doing so can really cause problems.

I had a similar problem in a different context when migrating routes from V1 to V2. I did not want to take the "nuclear option" of completely uninstalling and reinstalling everything piece by piece from scratch when a migrated route would not start up, even though that appeared to be the only option at the time. So I simply ran the migration process again a couple of times more. That solved the problem in my case. If I recall, that was a solution I found mentioned somewhere on one of the train sim websites. Please note: the V1 to V2 migration process is different than installing a new route. But the principle of re-running a packaged install process may be helpful sometimes when an install fails. Don't delete or uninstall anything -- just re-run the installer for the new component.

If you saved the downloaded file for the new route, you can go to the folder on your computer and simply re-run the install process again. No guarantees, but rerunning a properly downloaded and saved installer usually is OK. If the previous install was somehow defective, it may fix it by installing components on the second try that somehow were missed or corrupted the first time around. I have run many, many installers for various software programs over the years, both for myself and professionally, and while most installed things properly on the first pass, occasionally one would miss something. A re-run could sometimes fix that missed element, whatever it was (and one usually will never know what it was -- installers rarely give you any detail on a flubbed install).

I'd still follow goneon66's suggestion and check depotserver.com, or one of the other train-sim websites with Run 8 info.

The train sim community really has developed in own pretty deep network of Web resources. The more general railfan sites see relatively little train sim activity, as is the case here on TO. Nothing negative in that. It's just that a substantial body of resources specifically on the train sim hobby has developed its own specialized resources elsewhere. In addition to depotserver.com, there is a good forum for Run 8 on train-sim.com. That's usually my first stop for any concern for both Run 8 and the other train sims. But to each his own.

Good luck on finding a solution.

Some previous comments on Run 8 in general edited out. Not really appropriate to this thread.

MC
Muskegon, Michigan

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/17 09:20 by ironmtn.

Date: 08/15/17 00:57
Author: howeld

Older post but I had same issues. There is a update on their website that once I downloaded and installed fixed my issues. I was new to the game and assumed the download would have been up to date but I still needed the update for the program to work.

I really like the game.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/17/17 09:32
Author: jmj3293

I tried everything and emailed 3DTS/Run 8 four times too customer support with NO response from them at all. I am sure it is my computer that did something to stop it from working but I do not have the knowledge to fix it. Thanks for the help.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0526 seconds