Home Open Account Help 384 users online

Railfan Technology > Flatbed photo scanner that works on Windows 10

Date: 08/15/17 01:20
Flatbed photo scanner that works on Windows 10
Author: DNRY122

I have a Canon Canoscan 8800F. I hadn't used it for a while, and during that interval, I "upgraded" from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now I find that W-10 is not compatible with my scanner. (W-10 also managed to "lose" some already-scanned photos). So I looked on Amazon to see if there were any new photo/document scanners available that get along with W-10. Couldn't find any that went above W-8. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so what did you do?

Date: 08/15/17 06:18
Re: Flatbed photo scanner that works on Windows 10
Author: WoodwardEJ

I had an ancient HP scanner that was left in the dust by some long-ago Windows upgrade.

A year ago, I got a Canon Canoscan 9000F Mk II. It works just fine with Windows 10, although the software interface is a bit clunky. I only use it as a flatbed.

I have not tried the 9000F for film, since once I switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I found that I could once again use my Nikon Coolscan IV ED via the included Nikonscan 4 software. That was a pleasant surprise.

Date: 08/15/17 07:38
Author: trainjunkie

Vuescan is an option. Compatible with Windows 10 and the 8800F

https://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/canon_8800f.html#technical-information

Date: 08/15/17 12:01
Author: colehour

Windows 10, like some previous versions of the OS, allows you to diagnose compatibility issues. You find the program file and right click on it, and you should see "Troubleshoot compatibility" on the drop-down menu.I have no idea if this works, but I think it's worth a try.

I'm surprised that Canon does not have a driver or software for Windows 10.

Date: 08/15/17 14:06
Author: jst3751

Did you try doing a Google search?

Apparantly it was workable running in Windows 8.1 compatability mode until earlier this year. Posts on Microsoft forums seem to indicated it has not been workable since about June after updates.

Being that it is a 10 year old product, you can reasonally assertain that Canon has not thoughts of continuing to support and update drivers for it.

Date: 08/16/17 12:20
Author: grahamline

VueScan also connected my ancient Canon 656U flatbed scanner to Windows 10, as well as running a Canon MG5420 all-in-one and a Minolta Scan Dual III film scanner. Great advantages to learning only one set of software for three machines.

Date: 08/27/17 13:37
Author: arrowspatial

There is a jump for drivers to windows8; once there, windows 10 drivers should be the same.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0566 seconds