Home Open Account Help 288 users online

Railfan Technology > Canon 7D Images Question

Date: 11/15/17 18:04
Canon 7D Images Question
Author: RDG630

In the last month I an getting a few overexposed and a few underexposed images with my 8 year old Canon 7D. I am guessing it is a sensor problem. If so what is the solution?

Date: 11/15/17 18:20
Re: Canon 7D Images Question
Author: exhaustED

Light meter or electronic/software issue? Accidental activation of exposure bracketing function?! Shutter issues since the camera is starting to get quite old? Take it to a good camera shop...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/17 19:49 by exhaustED.

Date: 11/15/17 19:37
Re: Canon 7D Images Question
Author: BRAtkinson

I'd start by first removing the battery for 5 minutes or so, and then replacing it. Sometimes, when strange things happen, pulling the battery and giving the internal capacitors time to discharge will do the trick.

Step 2 would be to try a different lens. It could be a screwed up lens that the diaphram (aperture) doesn't correctly operate 100% of the time.

If that doesn't solve it, chase through the menu screens to find 'camera reset to factory settings' or something like that, and reset the camera to all factory original settings. It's altogether possible you have some combination of settings messing things up. Then go out and shoot in full Auto mode and check the results. If you're still getting strange results, send the camera to Canon. If you only have one lens, sending it, too, might help them solve the problem. Note, for lenses out of warranty, they start at $125 or so and go up from there. I dropped one of mine and had another malfunctioning...I think one was $125 and the other was $155, give or take. So far, I haven't had to send a body to them.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0384 seconds