Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Railfan Technology > New camera case

Date: 11/12/17 08:27
New camera case
Author: bodkin6071

Made a trip to Harbor Freight this morning and bought the "Apache 3800" all-weather, lockable case for my Canon Rebel T6. It has "pull-apart" foam inserts so you can customize it to your likings. I made it so the 18-55 was still attached to the camera, and made out holes for the 75-300, battery charger, lens caps, and other accessories. The battery charger cutout also doubles as a caddy for the camera stap and lens cleaning rag. Not bad for only $35 (HF sells the 3800 for $39.99, after tax was $43. Having a 20% off coupon helped).

There are also two other Apache cases HF sells, a small (the 1800) and medium (2800). The 3800 is the largest one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/17 08:30 by bodkin6071.

Date: 11/13/17 03:53
Re: New camera case
Author: acltrainman

Very nice case with the removable pieces.

Stanley Jackowski
Valrico, FL

Date: 11/14/17 13:22
Author: olddude41

Just came home from Harbor Freight. You sold me! Should work nicely for my Nikon kit. Thanks for the info.

Larry W. Grant
(olddude41)
Dallas, Texas

Date: 11/17/17 10:00
Author: GoldenState

Minus the pluck foam, this is a near duplicate of the Pelican case my camera resides in! I have the Pelican 1500 with the adjustable velcro padding inside. I paid a lot more to get made in USA.

http://www.pelicancasesforless.com/p-11429-pelican-1500-case.aspx?utm_source=Adwords&utm_medium=PPC&utm_term=Pelican1500Case&utm_campaign=Pelican1500&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh-uiuZfG1wIVA4ezCh1XxAT8EAAYAiAAEgKq4fD_BwE

Date: 11/26/17 08:56
Author: hotrail

over on another forum, a lot of guys are using these to transport different hardware. I have heard several say that after they pluck the foam to the necessary shape, they spray the foam with an product called Plastidip (comes in a spray can). It apparently it helps hold the remaining foam together and reduces wear. You might google it and check it out.

Date: 12/04/17 15:28

I precisely did this after I read your post the other day. It works.

hotrail Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> over on another forum, a lot of guys are using
> these to transport different hardware. I have
> heard several say that after they pluck the foam
> to the necessary shape, they spray the foam with
> an product called Plastidip (comes in a spray
> can). It apparently it helps hold the remaining
> foam together and reduces wear. You might google
> it and check it out.

Date: 12/06/17 15:08

After.

The Plasti-Dip makes the foam a LOT more sturdy/rigid.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0666 seconds