Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Railfan Technology > saving picture files

Date: 12/08/17 17:45
saving picture files
Author: MEKoch

I have an iPhone 5S. When I take pics, they are usually saved as JPG files. That is what I want. But somehow, some files were saved as png files.

I am not quite sure if the phone did the change, or my laptop computer.

In any case, how do I change these pics and resave them as jpg files?

Thanks. Not a geek.

Mike Koch

Date: 12/08/17 19:54
Re: saving picture files
Author: trainjunkie

Usually photos are saved to the iPhone camera library as JPG and screen shots are saved as PNG. I don't think there is any way to change that on the iPhone but you can certainly convert PNG to JPG on your computer with any decent image editing program.

Date: 12/09/17 04:11
Author: Ray_Murphy

trainjunkie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Usually photos are saved to the iPhone camera
> library as JPG and screen shots are saved as PNG.
> I don't think there is any way to change that on
> the iPhone but you can certainly convert PNG to
> JPG on your computer with any decent image editing
> program.

Right. Also, image viewers (in the drop-down menu under "file") often have a "save as" or "export" option that includes conversion.

Ray

Date: 12/09/17 13:32
Author: Valleyman

See if you can down load "Snapseed" to your IPhone or IPad. It's a free program from the App Store. This program is like photoshop for these devices. I loaded it on my 6S plus and an older IPad. Amazing what you can do with a photography using this program. Before I had this program I could not download pictures to TO. Not an iss use anymore. After you upload your photo from your IPhone or IPad you can save it gas a JPEG back to your device.

Valleyman

Date: 12/15/17 07:28
Author: Train484

IrfanView is a good, free image viewer that will save an image as a jpg.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0477 seconds